Couple of my weekend knives

The Queen Cutlery Company manufactured knives in Titusville Pennsylvania for 96 years. The company opened its only factory there in 1919 and commenced to make some of the best US crafted cutlery you will find. Unfortunately, the Titusville manufacturing plant closed down in 2018.
sunknife

Couple of my weekend knives

Post by sunknife »

I'm fairly new to the collecting end of knife ownership, I've always carried one since I was old enough way back when but only recently got into collecting. Before I owned only one to three at time. Now that I have a few dozen plus they fall into categories for carry, you know workday, weekend, camping, hunting, etc.
Here are a couple that to date I've only carried on weekend evenings, you know out on the town, not for yard work type knives. To some they may not seem be that special but to me they are somewhat elegant and classy. :) Not tiny pen knives but not bulky workhorses either.
Queen woodsman 4L special; ebony and bloodwood
Attachments
Queen cutlery Woodsman 4L-pic#1 - 1.jpg
Queen cutlery Woodsman 4L-pic#3 - 1.jpg
Greg
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Couple of my weekend knives

Post by edge213 »

2 very nice knives. I would be proud to carry them.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
sunknife

Post by sunknife »

Thanks edge, my taste may change as I get further along in this addiction of collecting. So far I have only a small amount of buyer remorse but am getting more selective and focused on what I like. Nearly unlimited options as far as what is out there though when it comes to collecting. I'm loving it. :)
Greg
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Nice choices.
Attachments
AAPK Welcome Ready.jpg
AAPK Welcome Ready.jpg (31.51 KiB) Viewed 2184 times
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
sunknife

Post by sunknife »

Thanks for the welcome Jerry, more importantly though thanks fo ryour service to the country.
Greg
sunknife

Post by sunknife »

Thanks for the welcome Jerry, more importantly though thanks for your service to the country.
Greg

Return to “Queen Cutlery Collector's Forum”