I just ordered a Queen Barlow Red Stag Bone...

The Queen Cutlery Company manufactured knives in Titusville Pennsylvania for 96 years. The company opened its only factory there in 1919 and commenced to make some of the best US crafted cutlery you will find. Unfortunately, the Titusville manufacturing plant closed down in 2018.
Captain O

I just ordered a Queen Barlow Red Stag Bone...

Post by Captain O »

from TSA Knives. This is Queens Barlow (pattern # 69 1/2"). With a 3 .5" handle and a 2 3/4" D2 steel clip-point blade. (The pen blade is shorter, but that's the nature of the pattern),

This is the Barlow great-grandpa wished he had. It cost me $74.95 postpaid. This will be the last Barlow knife I'll buy while I'm still living on this earth. I'm sure it will be a good one! ::tu::

Stay tuned.
313 Mike

Re: I just ordered a Queen Barlow Red Stag Bone...

Post by 313 Mike »

Sounds like a winner, looking forward to seeing pics and reading your thoughts on it when it arrives.
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

I can't post a picture, but I will tell of the knife's fit and finish.
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

I received the wrong knife this morning, a single blade #69 rather than double blade #69 1/2. (Hey, mistakes happen. That's why they put erasers on pencils). Greg at TSA said that they would send a postage=paid return envelope while they sent me the correct knife). The #69 they sent is beautiful, but I wanted the pen blade too. There isn't anything wrong with the knife at all. I really appreciate Queen's quality. ::tu::

TSA seems as if they are on top of things.

Stay tuned.
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

Captain O wrote:I received the wrong knife this morning, a single blade #69 rather than double blade #69 1/2. (Hey, mistakes happen. That's why they put erasers on pencils). Greg at TSA said that they would send a postage-paid return envelope while they sent me the correct knife). The #69 they sent is beautiful, but I wanted the pen blade too. There isn't anything wrong with the knife at all. I really appreciate Queen's quality. ::tu::

TSA seems as if they are on top of things.

Stay tuned.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Is this perhaps it? (TSA's picture of course.)
Attachments
Queen Barlow 69½.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

That's the very one. I like the #69 pattern, but prefer the #69 1/2 Clip/Pen (illustrated). The exchange is forthcoming. ::groove:: ::tu::
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

It may seem strange, but I consider this the "quintessential" Barlow Knife. Much has written about the early Barlow knives being built from inexpensive materials, resulting in the use of the elongated bolster to give it added strength. It appears that the long bolster has both waned and waxed (again) illustrating the perennial popularity of the Barlow pattern.
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

Good news!

TSA shipped my Queen Barlow Red Stag (pattern #69 1/2) yesterday. Gregs' team is good...(I mean really good
)! As soon as the proper knife arrives, I'll return the # 69 in the pre-paid shipping envelope he is sending along with the correct knife. Greg at TSA is a man of his word and the products are reasonably priced. I can't help but recommend him wholeheartedly. ::tu::

This is really good news in this day and age. Men of honor are SO important!

In my humble opinion, you may buy from TSA with confidence.
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

The Queen Barlow Red Stag (#69 1/2) arrived today. It is perfect! ::ds:: 8) I couldn't be more pleased because the fit and finish is impeccable and the blades are sharp! I have checked both D2 steel blades and they sit deep and straight in the handle. ::nod:: As I mentioned in my first post, this is the Barlow your great-grandfather wished he could have owned. ::nod:: Whoever fabricated this at Queen knew what they were doing. I'll be carrying this knife the rest of my days. I just wish everyone could own one of these... Wait a minute... You still can! :wink: Buy one... you won't be disappointed! ::tu::

Greg at TSA has a team that's right on top of things. They don't "miss a trick". You can buy from them with complete confidence. ::tu::
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Captain O, I'm really glad you got such a fine knife and had such good service. To repeat myself, when Queen is good they are very good!
bdev

Post by bdev »

You made a good choice with the Queen 69 pattern. One of my favorites. I have the straight jack pattern as pictured below (internet pic).
It is one of the best made of all the Queens that I own.
queen_69_ACSB__83394.1374800052.1280.1280.jpg
Queen City. My favorite! Bruno. ::tu::
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

Since Queen builds such great pocket knives, the Barlow bolster imbues strength to the knife. Beauty, strength, superior materials make a traditionally great pattern "the best of the breed". This knife sits right up there with GEC, Northfield and Camillus offerings. The D2 steel is "icing on the cake".

Everyone needs at least one "heavy use" pocket knife in their collection. This knife would be an excellent choice for this purpose.

BTW bedev, I like that Straight Jack. Great scales, nice blades. ::tu::
deltaboy

Post by deltaboy »

Thanks I want to get one now.
Keep Near the Cross.

Return to “Queen Cutlery Collector's Forum”