Queen Pruner

The Queen Cutlery Company manufactured knives in Titusville Pennsylvania for 96 years. The company opened its only factory there in 1919 and commenced to make some of the best US crafted cutlery you will find. Unfortunately, the Titusville manufacturing plant closed down in 2018.
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Queen Pruner

Post by JohnR »

Picked up a Queen pruner in stag made in 1991 according to the tang stamp, beautiful knife and very well made. Serial number 79.
Anyone have any information on these, very little out there. Did find one reference stating very few made. Thanks.
Attachments
IMG_4270.jpg
IMG_4271.jpg
IMG_4273.jpg
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Queen Pruner

Post by djknife13 »

I know they were closed out and sold by Riverside Cutlery in 1999 for $25. I bought #281 and when it came I wished I'd have ordered a dozen. I saw then for sale later by one of the national dealers for over $100 and then I really wished I'd have bought more when I had the chance to buy them cheap. They really are a beautiful knife. ____Dave
wlf

Post by wlf »

Beauty Augie, that is a lovely knife,and so is the Saynor. I don't know much about it,but if it was sold in 1999,Bill Howard had a hand in it.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
cato

Post by cato »

nice knife!! sweet

gotta love those REDNECK TACTICAL'S
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

Thanks guys. Dave, was Riverside the company that had a line of German knives under the Burnt Chimney brand? This knife showed up in a Burnt Chimney box.

Lyle, Bill being involved would explain the quality, this really is a beautifully made knife.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Sorry John, I can't remember any more about Riverside than that they sent me a few ads and that their prices were very good. I had to check my records to see where I got my hawkbill from saw it was Riverside. I doubt I kept any of their fliers. ____Dave

Return to “Queen Cutlery Collector's Forum”