Help to spot a fake?

The Queen Cutlery Company manufactured knives in Titusville Pennsylvania for 96 years. The company opened its only factory there in 1919 and commenced to make some of the best US crafted cutlery you will find. Unfortunately, the Titusville manufacturing plant closed down in 2018.
leatherlovr

Help to spot a fake?

Post by leatherlovr »

Hello ya'll. I'm very new to pocket knife collecting ( I already introduced myself the introduction thread). I was at a city wide garage sale I found this great looking knife. There are no markings on it but a faint 19 on the blade. I think it might be a Queen or a copy of a Queen. The color is first is questioning and that fact there is no markings on the tang has me questioning it as well. If it is indeed a fake, it was still fun learning about the Queen brand and I will keep my eyes open for more. Thanks for you time.
Attachments
SAM_0055.JPG
SAM_0053.JPG
SAM_0060.JPG
SAM_0062.JPG
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Help to spot a fake?

Post by jerryd6818 »

Good news. Your knife is indeed a Queen. Between 1961 & 1971, Queen did not use a tang stamp, they just etched their name and the knife pattern number on the main blade. The knife is the Trapper pattern (in case you didn't know) and the handles are Delrin® molded to emulate the Winterbottom Bone pattern of jigging. Nice knife.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
leatherlovr

Re: Help to spot a fake?

Post by leatherlovr »

jerryd6818 wrote:Good news. Your knife is indeed a Queen. Between 1961 & 1971, Queen did not use a tang stamp, they just etched their name and the knife pattern number on the main blade. The knife is the Trapper pattern (in case you didn't know) and the handles are Delrin® molded to emulate the Winterbottom Bone pattern of jigging. Nice knife.

Awesome... great news to hear. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Had my first little find!! ::ds:: I appreciate the info.

Return to “Queen Cutlery Collector's Forum”