Queen Made Robeson

The Queen Cutlery Company manufactured knives in Titusville Pennsylvania for 96 years. The company opened its only factory there in 1919 and commenced to make some of the best US crafted cutlery you will find. Unfortunately, the Titusville manufacturing plant closed down in 2018.
drm1017

Queen Made Robeson

Post by drm1017 »

I have a Queen made Robeson #103 knife. The box has a tag on it with the #8815647.
Would I be correct in assuming Queen used a similar numbering system for their Robeson knives as their own? If so, can anyone decipher the number and let me know what it represents?
Thank you!
Attachments
Robeson.jpg
Randy
As you slide down the banisters of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way.
Keystone

Re: Queen Made Robeson

Post by Keystone »

IMO Queen has been quite flexible and creative with their numbering systems. I do not know of any system of standardization or reference for specific digits. They have changed the knife pattern of a specific model number many times (for example hawkbill pruner was #1, Now its Swing guard.,, Sleeveboard used to be 3, now it's Mountainman, etc.). Sometimes in a new series - like Chipped Bark or rawhide- many other limited editions in the '90s, -- they would assign a new model number for the same pattern done for that series. A queen stockman or trapper pattern may have up to 14 specific model #s. Queen Model numbers are confusing to me.

I am not familiar with your green Robeson as a catalog knife in the 1990s ( See Queen Cutlery.com/historical documents/series and model reports Robeson catalog knives from 1980-2013) and think it is either a much newer knife, or an SFO where the client could have had a voice in the number.

Is a pretty knife. I would like to see more on Robeson, as an early company and as used by Queen - I think there are a lot of special and limited order knives in this brand name.
Learning, Not ignorance, is bliss.

Do Good
Dan
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

..I've got a queen made Robeson baby humpback whitter,stag handles, that's one of my favorite knives!!!......... ::tu:: .............
PigSticker

Post by PigSticker »

Nice little knife--I sold off some Robeson's from my brothers collection last year they was all real nice knives & most were like 1 0f 200 wished I'd have bought them now that they are gone------
NEVER DOUBT YOUR DAWG
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Doesn’t anyone buy or post Robeson Mastercraft Knives any more? Or are they under the Robeson thread? Wasn’t sure where to put this one so here it is. A Robeson Mastercraft stag tiny toothpick. It has some pretty nice and a little thick stag on it.
Attachments
IMG_1489.jpeg
IMG_1490.jpeg
IMG_1491.jpeg
IMG_1494.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

i recently picked up a Queen Robeson tiny toothpick - nice little dress pants knife ... fit and finish is top notch
q2.jpg
q1.jpg
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Lansky1 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:01 am i recently picked up a Queen Robeson tiny toothpick - nice little dress pants knife ... fit and finish is top notch

q2.jpg

q1.jpg
Nice, very nice. And these aren’t real expensive usually. I’ve never had a bad Robeson.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan

Return to “Queen Cutlery Collector's Forum”