Schatt & Morgan MOP

The Queen Cutlery Company manufactured knives in Titusville Pennsylvania for 96 years. The company opened its only factory there in 1919 and commenced to make some of the best US crafted cutlery you will find. Unfortunately, the Titusville manufacturing plant closed down in 2018.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Schatt & Morgan MOP

Post by Quick Steel »

Thank you Wazu. I appreciate the input.
reddirtknives
Location: Okrahoma where the wind comes sreeping down the prain

Post by reddirtknives »

jerryd6818 wrote:Slim -- I'm guessing that first one is from the Keystone series. Can you tell me which series it's from so I can be lazy and not have to look it up?

Edit: Never mind. That's the "Doctors Knife" from the 2010 Series XX. No wonder I didn't recognize it. It's a neat looking knife but it doesn't look anything like a doctors knife.

Can I add a Doc like the one RedDirt posted? It's from the Keystone Series V released in 1995.

The attachment S&M Pearl Doctor.JPG is no longer available

In the 1998 Keystone Series VIII was this Gunstock.

The attachment S&M Pearl Gunstock Jack.JPG is no longer available
I was thinking perhaps the crimped "pill-buster" bolster was one of the things that made it not look anything like a doctors knife to ya Jerry until you posted the Keystone Doc which has the same bolster so I'm thinking the Primary blade must be the thing that makes it look nothing like a Doctors knife or did I miss something else? ::shrug:: My guess is that the Doctor who might have owned and used this knife in the field utilized this blade type as often as his other more "traditional" specialty knife if not more. If those two knives weren't cutting it and he was needing a Doctors knife with 3 scalpels and right before he broke out the SAK he may have used this (not pearl,sorry) ... :D
Attachments
3 Blade Doctors Knife with Shackle
3 Blade Doctors Knife with Shackle
DJ Red Tater Tip ~ Killer of Threads, Solo Pioneer in The Intergalactic Cutlery Trade
... ... `.~ RED DIRT KNIVES ~.` ... ...
reddirtknives
Location: Okrahoma where the wind comes sreeping down the prain

Post by reddirtknives »

Awesome Baby Fish Toe Wazu and Cool numbers 123.Great job bringing out the pearl in your pics also. I'm thinking low light may be the key when in macro mode... Wazu, Does your Nikon ever refuse to take a picture in high light or very low light conditions while in macro mode? I have a point and shoot Olympus that does. It's like it can't figure all of the auto focus parameters while in auto/macro setting so it just flashes a red light. Usually it is on knives or angles where there is a lot of shine or glare but if I step back a bit or change angle it will give the green. I thought it was just a point and shoot cheaper camera issue so I got a better camera and it is even more sensitive. The pics of the SxM 2 blade jack knife I posted were done in macro actually super-macro mode with anti-shake and autofocus on and flash off and possibly too much light..
JERRY SIR. :mrgreen: Nice pair :mrgreen: The way you took the indoor pics really brought out the pinks and there was no light diffusion. Was there a skylight above the knives perhaps or just a nice mix of natural light from windows and artificial light?
DJ Red Tater Tip ~ Killer of Threads, Solo Pioneer in The Intergalactic Cutlery Trade
... ... `.~ RED DIRT KNIVES ~.` ... ...
slimpickins

Post by slimpickins »

Sorry Quick Steel, I think I was looking at the quote under your posting ::dang:: Slim
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

reddirtknives wrote:Awesome Baby Fish Toe Wazu and Cool numbers 123.Great job bringing out the pearl in your pics also. I'm thinking low light may be the key when in macro mode... Wazu, Does your Nikon ever refuse to take a picture in high light or very low light conditions while in macro mode? I have a point and shoot Olympus that does. It's like it can't figure all of the auto focus parameters while in auto/macro setting so it just flashes a red light. Usually it is on knives or angles where there is a lot of shine or glare but if I step back a bit or change angle it will give the green. I thought it was just a point and shoot cheaper camera issue so I got a better camera and it is even more sensitive. The pics of the SxM 2 blade jack knife I posted were done in macro actually super-macro mode with anti-shake and autofocus on and flash off and possibly too much light..
JERRY SIR. :mrgreen: Nice pair :mrgreen: The way you took the indoor pics really brought out the pinks and there was no light diffusion. Was there a skylight above the knives perhaps or just a nice mix of natural light from windows and artificial light?
My camera gives me the red light once in a while but I just start over and it usually comes around. It takes patients sometimes.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez
Keystone

Post by Keystone »

Here are two more.
a Schatt & Morgan swing guard for Wolverine Knife clube in 2001:

And a Queen minihunter 41L P from sometime around 2005

Photos are the best I could do - sorry. They do not begin to capture the beauty, especially of the big handles of the 1L. My appreciation for the beautiful picture of the (former) president's sunfish.
Attachments
020.JPG
023.JPG
Learning, Not ignorance, is bliss.

Do Good
Dan
Adog

Post by Adog »

Gold Lip Mother of Pearl with copper bolsters
Attachments
20170812_065919_001.jpg