Queen History

The Queen Cutlery Company manufactured knives in Titusville Pennsylvania for 96 years. The company opened its only factory there in 1919 and commenced to make some of the best US crafted cutlery you will find. Unfortunately, the Titusville manufacturing plant closed down in 2018.
tinroof

Queen History

Post by tinroof »

We all have said, "Just never know what you may find at the bottom of the barrel." A few years back that was what an old girlfriend said when she saw me unexpectably. ::facepalm::
Stopped at a yard sale today, they had no knives but I did find a QUEEN distribution catalog -- or at least parts of one (14 pages in a folding cover). Nice pictures with some description of knives, and an order sheet with prices. It is titled as "CATALOG 50", but no date of issue. I hope somebody may have a clue of issue date or tell me what to look for to answer my own question. Thanks

Just found a recent post on news about Queen. It had a dialoge box going to Historical Catalogs. It lists Catalog 50 being from 1972-78, so I think that answers my question. Thanks to all anyway.
Billswfl

Re: Queen History

Post by Billswfl »

Here is a link to Queen Cutlery Historical documents on their website. http://www.queencutlery.com/Historical_Catalogs.html Appears to be 1972-1978(No 15)
Billswfl

Post by Billswfl »

It looks like you found the answer yourself.
tinroof

Post by tinroof »

Yes, guess I only thought I had a question. Thanks anyway, guess it is at least something to say, " I have an original print copy of the catalog."

Return to “Queen Cutlery Collector's Forum”