Queen City Classics Congress

The Queen Cutlery Company manufactured knives in Titusville Pennsylvania for 96 years. The company opened its only factory there in 1919 and commenced to make some of the best US crafted cutlery you will find. Unfortunately, the Titusville manufacturing plant closed down in 2018.
bdev

Queen City Classics Congress

Post by bdev »

Here's a nice Queen Congress from their QCCC series. It's a #32 pattern with Antique Green Bone handles.
I really like the jigging on this one. ::tu::
DSC_0022.JPG
DSC_0021.JPG
Queen City. My favorite! Bruno. ::tu::
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Queen City Classics Congress

Post by treefarmer »

That's a nice knife. I don't think I've ever owned a congress pattern. Do they all have identical blades on each end of the knife be it a 2 blade or 4 blade? I looked up the #32 and found it is 4", with 2 sheep foot and 2 pen blades it might be a good user. ::hmm::
Bruno, you always have my interest with the Queens you find!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

Case, Boker, and a couple others make Congress patterns with large spears, small coping blades, or some other combination thereof. The Case 88 medium Congress has 4 different blade profiles, usually: Large sheepsfoot, large spear, small coping, small pen. I find it to be an incredibly handy knife for such a small package, carried one earlier this week.

I do notice that most Congresses, including Queens, have matching large and small blade pairs which reduces their utility a bit IMO. Of course, I say this being a bit of a muskrat fan and having at least a dozen or so knives with identical Turkish clip blades on each end, so maybe there's something to be said for redundancy. :mrgreen:

The Queen #32 and #31 (half-Congress) are wonderful knives with excellent size and heft IMO. I have a jigged brown bone #32 and a maple burl #31 among my Queen accumulation, and both are excellent knives and real lookers. I like Bruno's QCCC example, too, though I think I prefer the more random jigging of the brown bone Congress to that more uniform "oval pattern" which you see more on Pacific Rim imports than USA knives, it seems.
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
tallguy606

Post by tallguy606 »

My local pawnshop had a few new Case knives without boxes and I picked up a Congress for $20. I notice that at least two of the nail nicks are hidden behind other blades when everything is closed. That is, you have to open up one blade to get to the one behind it. Seems kinda odd.
bdev

Post by bdev »

Tony more or less nailed it about the congress pattern.
Personally, I like the pattern as a collectible but it's not for me for EDC. I just can't get used to the sharp edge of the bolster when using it. I like a rounded handle on my EDCs.

Here's another #32 QCCC that I have. Stag handles.
QCCC 32 stag.JPG
Queen City. My favorite! Bruno. ::tu::
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

That'n's a real stunner, Bruno. Outstanding stag, it must be awesome in hand on that frame. ::tu::

I have felt for a while that Queen doesn't get the credit they should for the stag they put on their knives. I definitely need to get more (he says as he clicks on a stag keystone series from the AAPK store... :lol: ).
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

Those are both very nice.
-Tim
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

FarSide wrote:Those are both very nice.
I agree. ::tu::

I'm a fan of the congress pattern. I carry one almost daily and I have several in my collection. Most of mine are either Canal Street or Tree Brand Bokers from Germany. I do have a few others as well.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

I have a boker I love and also a Queen stag that came from the factory unsharpened. Nice knife but for that. May sell it.

Return to “Queen Cutlery Collector's Forum”