My newest Queen

The Queen Cutlery Company manufactured knives in Titusville Pennsylvania for 96 years. The company opened its only factory there in 1919 and commenced to make some of the best US crafted cutlery you will find. Unfortunately, the Titusville manufacturing plant closed down in 2018.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: My newest Queen

Post by doglegg »

::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod::
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:41 pm My lucky day, I found this Queen 3 and 5/8" stockman in a $5 box at the flea market today. It is blade etched Queen steel #61. Blade etch is still visible, but tang stamp is kind of muddy.

IMG_5037.JPG
IMG_5035.JPG
That's a great find in the $5 box, congratulations! ::tu::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

In case any of you Queen fanatics missed seeing the announcement of my astonishing, triumphant and unprecedented (i.e., extremely lucky) victory in the January 2023 AAPK Store Owners Giveaway drawing...

...I hereby present to you my trophy for your admiration, approbation, awe and adulation: this elegant, graceful yet rugged Queen ACSB Stockman which was magnanimously, graciously and charitably donated by the highly-esteemed, benevolent, unselfish and altruistic AAPK store owner, AAPK moderator and genuine gentleman Philco:

P2240026.JPG
P2240023.JPG
P2240024.JPG
P2240027.JPG

Personally, I am over the moon to add this extraordinary, remarkable, splendid, phenomenal beauty to my humble collection for various reasons, not the least of which is because it is my very first and only Queen Stockman pattern. Consequently, I am not familiar with the pattern number(s) Queen used to identify this particular size (4" closed) Stockman. Needless to say, this has resulted in OCD Monkey becoming confused, concerned, consternated, alarmed, agitated and anxious over one minor detail that I am hoping one of you Queen-headed experts can clear up to relieve his neurotic tension and restless, nervous stress, specifically: the discrepancy between the pattern number etched on the master clip blade (#9) and the pattern number printed on the box label (#66). Obviously, the most likely explanation is that the knife was inadvertently, accidentally and unknowingly put in the wrong box (it happens). Nevertheless, being prone to believing in deep-state conspiracy theories as he is, OCD Monkey suspects there may be a different reason ::paranoid::. Can someone please help me out here and set his frantic, panic-stricken, distraught little monkey mind at ease?
P2240004.JPG
P2240006.JPG
P2240003.JPG
P2240002.JPG
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Absolutely beautiful. Congrats
Gone2Three
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Gone2Three »

QTCut5 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:20 am In case any of you Queen fanatics missed seeing the announcement of my astonishing, triumphant and unprecedented (i.e., extremely lucky) victory in the January 2023 AAPK Store Owners Giveaway drawing...

...I hereby present to you my trophy for your admiration, approbation, awe and adulation: this elegant, graceful yet rugged Queen ACSB Stockman which was magnanimously, graciously and charitably donated by the highly-esteemed, benevolent, unselfish and altruistic AAPK store owner, AAPK moderator and genuine gentleman Philco:

P2240026.JPGP2240023.JPGP2240024.JPGP2240027.JPG

Personally, I am over the moon to add this extraordinary, remarkable, splendid, phenomenal beauty to my humble collection for various reasons, not the least of which is because it is my very first and only Queen Stockman pattern. Consequently, I am not familiar with the pattern number(s) Queen used to identify this particular size (4" closed) Stockman. Needless to say, this has resulted in OCD Monkey becoming confused, concerned, consternated, alarmed, agitated and anxious over one minor detail that I am hoping one of you Queen-headed experts can clear up to relieve his neurotic tension and restless, nervous stress, specifically: the discrepancy between the pattern number etched on the master clip blade (#9) and the pattern number printed on the box label (#66). Obviously, the most likely explanation is that the knife was inadvertently, accidentally and unknowingly put in the wrong box (it happens). Nevertheless, being prone to believing in deep-state conspiracy theories as he is, OCD Monkey suspects there may be a different reason ::paranoid::. Can someone please help me out here and set his frantic, panic-stricken, distraught little monkey mind at ease?
P2240004.JPGP2240006.JPGP2240003.JPGP2240002.JPG
Beautiful knife Q! Congratulations on your triumphant victory ::ds::
To hopefully put the monkey at ease, the # 9 is the 4" stockman as etched on the blade, the box however might have belonged to the #66 Muskrat, which is also 4" if I recall. So possibly mixed up at some point.
Hope this helps out in some small way... ::handshake::
Randy
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Gone2Three wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:40 am Beautiful knife Q! Congratulations on your triumphant victory ::ds::
To hopefully put the monkey at ease, the # 9 is the 4" stockman as etched on the blade, the box however might have belonged to the #66 Muskrat, which is also 4" if I recall. So possibly mixed up at some point.
Hope this helps out in some small way... ::handshake::
Randy
Thanks for the clarification, Randy. Unfortunately, now that The Monkey knows there's a Queen ACSB #66 Muskrat out there somewhere, he's got a new bee in his bonnet obsession that will keep the squirrel in his brain cage running on its little wheel while I spend untold hours trying to track one down ::tired::

~Q~
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Q, I’m not sure you used enough adjectives to describe the knife and the store owner. I think you should edit this post and add some more. And I am just not feeling your confusion, consternation, anxiety, etc. Tell us how you really feel man, open up.
That is a beautiful stockman. Love the ACSB handles. Queen used the best, most fantastic, beautiful, gorgeous, timeless,……..
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:45 am Q, I’m not sure you used enough adjectives to describe the knife and the store owner.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mark, I see that you understood my dilemma :wink:. Somehow it just didn't seem adequate merely to say "It's a great knife and Phil is a great guy" :|

~Q~
robpa

Post by robpa »

this is my most recent Queen also from an AAPK store. its a number 2. I think I like your more better! picture didnt transfer too well.
Attachments
DSCN0908.JPG
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

::tu:: ::tu::
robpa wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:54 pm this is my most recent Queen also from an AAPK store. its a number 2. I think I like your more better! picture didnt transfer too well.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Sticking with the ACSB theme we got going here...

My newest Queen is this #69 Bomber Jack:

P3140003.JPG
P3140004.JPG

~Q~
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Done said that it's beautiful but it is even better with a second look.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

doglegg wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:20 pm Done said that it's beautiful but it is even better with a second look.
Mahalo Floyd ::handshake:: And, IMHO, like most ACSB it only gets better and better with each successive look. In fact, sometimes I just sit and stare at my ACSB collection hour after hour and I never get tired of looking at it. ::oh_my::
Gone2Three wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:40 am To hopefully put the monkey at ease, the # 9 is the 4" stockman as etched on the blade, the box however might have belonged to the #66 Muskrat, which is also 4"
QTCut5 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:55 am Thanks for the clarification, Randy. Unfortunately, now that The Monkey knows there's a Queen ACSB #66 Muskrat out there somewhere, he's got a new bee in his bonnet obsession that will keep the squirrel in his brain cage running on its little wheel while I spend untold hours trying to track one down
Well, it didn't take quite as long as I expected. Apparently, The Universe, after suffering a nearly constant wail of desperate cries from The Monkey to find a #66 ACSB Muskrat to go with the box, finally took pity on me -- or more likely, just couldn't stand the continuous, high-pitched shrieking Monkey screams any longer -- and provided this #66 ACSB Muskrat to go with the box, relieve my stress and save my sanity. :lol:
P3180014.JPG
P3180004.JPG
P3180006.JPG
P3180005.JPG
P3180016.JPG

Honestly, I don't understand what the deal is with this recurring "mixed up boxes" thing that keeps happening to me, but if there are any Queen collectors out there who happen to own a Queen #11 BEM knife for which they need an original box, feel free to give me a shout and I'll be happy to give you the box that my #66 Muskrat came in since I don't have a #11 with Bird's Eye Maple handle and have no intention or desire to get one.
P3180010.JPG

~Q~
Gone2Three
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Gone2Three »

QTCut5 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:51 am
doglegg wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:20 pm Done said that it's beautiful but it is even better with a second look.
Mahalo Floyd ::handshake:: And, IMHO, like most ACSB it only gets better and better with each successive look. In fact, sometimes I just sit and stare at my ACSB collection hour after hour and I never get tired of looking at it. ::oh_my::
Gone2Three wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:40 am To hopefully put the monkey at ease, the # 9 is the 4" stockman as etched on the blade, the box however might have belonged to the #66 Muskrat, which is also 4"
QTCut5 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:55 am Thanks for the clarification, Randy. Unfortunately, now that The Monkey knows there's a Queen ACSB #66 Muskrat out there somewhere, he's got a new bee in his bonnet obsession that will keep the squirrel in his brain cage running on its little wheel while I spend untold hours trying to track one down
Well, it didn't take quite as long as I expected. Apparently, The Universe, after suffering a nearly constant wail of desperate cries from The Monkey to find a #66 ACSB Muskrat to go with the box, finally took pity on me -- or more likely, just couldn't stand the continuous, high-pitched shrieking Monkey screams any longer -- and provided this #66 ACSB Muskrat to go with the box, relieve my stress and save my sanity. :lol:
P3180014.JPGP3180004.JPGP3180006.JPGP3180005.JPGP3180016.JPG

Honestly, I don't understand what the deal is with this recurring "mixed up boxes" thing that keeps happening to me, but if there are any Queen collectors out there who happen to own a Queen #11 BEM knife for which they need an original box, feel free to give me a shout and I'll be happy to give you the box that my #66 Muskrat came in since I don't have a #11 with Bird's Eye Maple handle and have no intention or desire to get one.
P3180010.JPG
Aloha Q, so happy to hear that the quest for your #66 ACSB was successful! The monkey can now rest now until the next trigger comes along :lol:
By the way, your newly acquired #69 is The Bomb!!! ::woot::

Randy ::handshake::
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Woowee Q, that muskrat is a beaut!!!!
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Gone2Three wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:22 am Aloha Q, so happy to hear that the quest for your #66 ACSB was successful! The monkey can now rest now until the next trigger comes along :lol:
By the way, your newly acquired #69 is The Bomb!!! ::woot::

Randy ::handshake::
Thanks Randy. Yes, it's definitely "The Bomb" (I saw what you did there :wink: :lol:). I'm sure that with The Monkey's spring-loaded, elastic trigger paw-finger it won't be long before he has another "must have" in his crosshairs. :)
doglegg wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:03 pm Woowee Q, that muskrat is a beaut!!!!
Mahalo Floyd. The Universe has indeed smiled upon me once again (either that or The Universe is the biggest enabler in the...well...known Universe ::undecided:: :lol:)

~Q~
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Snagged another ACSB beauty to add to the pile.

Queen #3 ACSB Mountain Man
P3250014.JPG
P3250004.JPG
P3250007.JPG
P3250005.JPG
P3250012.JPG

~Q~
robpa

Post by robpa »

I never tire of lookin at this stuff.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Another beauty
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Yet another gorgeous acquisition Q. I like it when collectors focus on a particular handle material, brand, pattern, etc. It really sets one collection apart from another collection.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Drukai

Post by Drukai »

My First Queen knife amber carved stag bone, D2 steel mint in the box yeah I’m excited what a fantastic little Jack knife!
Attachments
83755775-EA78-434D-A0BA-9BC6AB95E80C.jpeg
"I don't think you can ever do your best. Doing your best is a process of trying to do your best". Townes Van Zandt

In search of GEC 15 Farm Boy knife user or new(My Grail)
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Drukai wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:42 am My First Queen knife amber carved stag bone, D2 steel mint in the box yeah I’m excited what a fantastic little Jack knife!
Drukai, you have waded out into the deep water with that fine lookin' Queen. You're out there swimming with QTCut5 and robpa and their good lookin' knives! ::tu::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Drukai wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:42 am My First Queen knife amber carved stag bone, D2 steel mint in the box yeah I’m excited what a fantastic little Jack knife!
Beautiful. The sure did wonderful on those handles.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

And rightfully so; that is very nice...gorgeous amber. 8) ::tu::

Great start to your nascent Queen collection/addiction -- ACSB seems to be the hot ticket item right now and they ain't making it anymore; so, get it while you still can, I say. ::nod::

~Q~
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Might have to rename this thread "ACSB Overload"!!! :lol:

This sweet beauty was shanghaied by Ivoryman at the recent OKCA show in Eugene, OR, and then promptly shipped directly over vast ocean waters to join the ever-expanding ACSB tribe that seems to be taking over the Big Island kingdom of Queens, one pattern at a time. :mrgreen:

All I can say is, "Mahalo, Ivoryman" ::handshake::
and, "Welcome to your new home, 06L ACSB brother, you're among family now; you're gonna fit right in" :D

P4220003.JPG
P4220004.JPG
P4220006.JPG
P4220007.JPG
P4220008.JPG
P4220013.JPG
P4220012.JPG
P4220018.JPG
P4220017.JPG

And, what's this? Do my eyes deceive me? ::uc:: Wonder of wonders...it actually arrived in a correctly labeled box :shock:. Will miracles never cease! ::ds::
P4220001.JPG

~Q~

Return to “Queen Cutlery Collector's Forum”