"TS" Series Knives

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
cody6268

"TS" Series Knives

Post by cody6268 »

I have noticed that Boker has retired nearly all of the more reasonably priced (those that seem to be priced more in range with comparable Case patterns) Solingen-made models, and seem to have doubled down on production of the "TS" series, which don't say Solingen anywhere, and I've heard various stories--assembled in Germany from Chinese parts, assembled in China from German parts, and thirdly, only finished in Germany.
large-bok110795.jpg
Yet, everyone is saying "MADE IN GERMANY" or "HANDMADE IN SOLINGEN GERMANY"--so what's the deal?

I've stuck to buying gently used American, German, and Argentine-produciton models, and if I pick up a "Boker Plus" of modern design, I usually make sure it's made in Taiwan first.
tallguy606

Re: "TS" Series Knives

Post by tallguy606 »

Yeah, sellers on lots of sites try to emphasize Made in Germany, but not entirely true as with Bokers stamped Solingen on tang. I have never bought one, as you can still find lots of the genuine article and those will probably increase in price, the imports, probably not.

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”