Boker Podcast on "Mark of the Maker"

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
Mason

Boker Podcast on "Mark of the Maker"

Post by Mason »

Neal Punchard and Ricky Ray have published a book on the history of Boker Knife Company. They appeared on the Mark of the Maker Podcast this week to talk about the book and the company. Interesting listen.

I have refrained from posting podcasts lately. I could tell from our analytics that no one was listening to the embeds here on KnifeMagazine.com. But youtube is easy to share. You can find links to your favorite podcast player on the Mark of the Maker website here: http://markofthemaker.com/ . Or search on a podcast app on your phone. I subscribe via Apple Podcasts.
kootenay joe

Re: Boker Podcast on "Mark of the Maker"

Post by kootenay joe »

Thank you 'Mason'. I had no idea that there are podcasts about knives.
kj
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

I just listened to the whole podcast, very cool. That's my first podcast too, didn't know knifers did podcasts aside from the "how to forge" and the ones the knife distributors do YouTube vids for. ::shrug::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Mason

Post by Mason »

Thanks, K.J. and redrider. ::tu::
I wasn't aware of knife podcasts either until about a year ago, and they have existed for years.
There are quite a few different knife podcasts hosted by different people, but most seem to revolve around current knives and makers.
While those are interesting, I tend to favor "Mark of the Maker" podcast because it features shows on history as well as modern cutlery.
Four of my favorite podcasts on "Mark of the Maker" were presented by women and I would certainly recommend checking them out.
Here they are...
#49 - Grace Horne
#58 - Sheffield with Grace Horne
#59 - Dr. Rachel Parikh
#65 - Katar with Rachel
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Nice to hear the story of their book and some Boker history too, thank fellow AAPKers Neil and Ricky!!! ::tu:: ::tu::

I was perusing their book during the podcast, I recommend it for Boker or knife collectors in general. ::nod::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Campbellclanman

Post by Campbellclanman »

The Book is absolutely amazing, I highly recommend this Boker Book to all, very well done to Both Rick and Neal.

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”