Boker Tree Brand 8288 - Made in Germany or USA?

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
carolinahillbilly

Boker Tree Brand 8288 - Made in Germany or USA?

Post by carolinahillbilly »

When going through my late father's knives, I found a Boker 8288 (in box with paperwork - looks like it was never used) that had Tree Brand Made in Germany on the blade and the Tang Stamp had Boker USA (see picture). This is a little confusing to me. So was this knife made in Germany or US? Thanks for the help.

Jim
BTB-32.jpg
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Boker Tree Brand 8288 - Made in Germany or USA?

Post by Railsplitter »

This comment from the Product Manager at Boker Solingen may or may not be helpful.
https://bladeforums.com/threads/boker-l ... t-18427056
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

The story I was given some time ago was that after Boker Solingen had purchased Boker USA from Cooper Tools; they shipped the parts leftover from when the Boker USA factory closed in 1983 to Germany; and then assembled knives from those parts up through the 1990s.

They give me one heckuva headache as well. Especially if that etch is worn off, one will be inclined to think it's an older, American-made knife.
MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

carolinahillbilly wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:19 am When going through my late father's knives, I found a Boker 8288 (in box with paperwork - looks like it was never used) that had Tree Brand Made in Germany on the blade and the Tang Stamp had Boker USA (see picture). This is a little confusing to me. So was this knife made in Germany or US? Thanks for the help.

Jim

BTB-32.jpg
Well, that's just confusing ::dang::.

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”