Boker dating

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
msteele6

Boker dating

Post by msteele6 »

I have this old Boker that I need to get an appoximate date on. The tang stamps read H. Boker & Co./Solingen. As you can see it has the acorn shield that was used by Remington after Boker's foreman was hired by Remington in the early '20's so I'm guessing it's before that but figured one of the Boker experts could give me a more accurate date. Also I noticed that the pins on this knife are steel, that may indicate something about the date, thanks.

Mark
Attachments
IMG_3409.jpg
IMG_3410.jpg
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Boker dating

Post by danno50 »

I know very little about Boker, but I do have the book: "BOKER Two Centuries and Two Countries Representing One Name in Cutlery Excellence" by Neal Punchard and Ricky Ray.
The tang stamp chart shows your stamp was in use from 1869 to 1944, not much help.
The acorn shield was used from 1905 to 1928.
Dan
TPK

Post by TPK »

msteele6 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:02 pm I have this old Boker that I need to get an appoximate date on. The tang stamps read H. Boker & Co./Solingen. As you can see it has the acorn shield that was used by Remington after Boker's foreman was hired by Remington in the early '20's so I'm guessing it's before that but figured one of the Boker experts could give me a more accurate date. Also I noticed that the pins on this knife are steel, that may indicate something about the date, thanks.

Mark
Beautiful knife! ::tu:: ::nod::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
msteele6

Post by msteele6 »

Thanks for the comments and especially Dan for the information. ::tu::
luckydog64
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by luckydog64 »

The Boker tang stamp chart goes thru the 1980s. H Bokers look to be 1890s thru 1940s. I find some H Bokers occasionally that look to be made in the last few years. Does anybody know what years they were made?
Earth First! We'll mine the other planets later.
luckydog64
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by luckydog64 »

Nice knife and shield.
Earth First! We'll mine the other planets later.

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”