Newer numbering system

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
rwmoss1

Newer numbering system

Post by rwmoss1 »

Anyone know where I can find out how to read the Boker numbering system for current production knives? For example, a red bone congress made entirely in Solingen, Germany is 115464JRB. My main concern is to distinguish between the Chinese made, Chinese made components assembled in Germany and made entirely in Solingen Germany. I have learned that the first 3 numbers are key. I know that "Solingen" on the tang or shield means all German made. Germany on tang or shield is Chinese parts that are finished and assembled in Germany. "Magnum" or "Plus" knives are Chinese. Getting an ID or date has never been easy (for me anyway) on Boker knives. If anyone can help, it would be appreciated. Thanks
mad63taz

Re: Newer numbering system

Post by mad63taz »

Definitely produced in Solingen.. its still available on a few sites, judging from the Shield on this example, it's anything up to 5-6 years old ::tu::
rwmoss1

Post by rwmoss1 »

Thank you for responding to my question but the knife was just an example. What I want to know is the meaning of the first 3 or 4 numbers in Boker's numbering system, not just that particular knife. These numbers tell the tale of where the knife was made.
rangerbluedog

Post by rangerbluedog »

The latest I remember is the first two numbers indicate folding (11) versus fixed blade (12).
The next four numbers indicate the pattern number (5464 is a congress pattern), and the letters at the end indicate the handle material (JRB = jigged red bone). ::tu::
-Blue
Click the link below to order your copy of the Boker book!
https://TheBokerBook.com

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”