Trying to figure out age of knife

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
Rocnutz

Trying to figure out age of knife

Post by Rocnutz »

Hello, I have a knife that I received among some items when my brother past away last month. He was a dedicated Marine and from somewhere he received or purchased this knife.

It has a model number on the blade of UC912

I'm just wanting to know is this an older knife? Do these Bokers have any value? (Not that I want to sale it, If it has value it just needs to be taken care of a little better.

Thanks
IMG-3100.jpg
IMG-3099.jpg
IMG-3098.jpg
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Trying to figure out age of knife

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome to AAPK. Sometimes the age of a knife, at least within a range of years, can be determined from the tang stamp. Unfortunately in your picture the stamp on yours isn’t in clear focus so the details are blurry when I try to enlarge them. The over all appearance of the knife appears to be recent (within the last 20-30 years or so) but if you can post clear pictures of the tang stamp one of the resident Böker experts here (that’s not me) may be able to tell more.

As for value it probably has more sentimental than actual value. There have been literally thousands of different commemorative trapper pattern knives made, which generally dilutes their value. Here’s a quick search I did of recent eBay sold listings of “commemorative trapper knives”. However the search didn’t turn up any Bökers, but I think you can get the idea from what has been sold. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Co ... 1&_fosrp=1

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Trying to figure out age of knife

Post by philco »

It appears your knife was produced by United Boker. They were in business from 1984 till 1994 according to what I read in the book Boker by Neal Punchard and Ricky Ray, both members of AAPK.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”