Boker Stag Fork & Knife Set.

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Boker Stag Fork & Knife Set.

Post by Old Folder »

I received the 2019 150th anniversary Boker Outdoor & Collection magazine in early 2019, on page 60 I observed the "Boker Arbolito Stamigo". Bokerusa.com sells this set in stag for $139.95 I had been contemplating purchasing this set for quite some time.
I ran a product check through "Amazon" and found the exact set for $104.96 with free Prime shipping. I ordered it on Jan 10, 2020 and received it 4 days later on the 14th.
I'm very happy with the set, beautiful Bone stag, very sharp and feels just right in my hands. Excellent leather sheath and fit.
The set would be great for hikers, hunters campers etc.
However, I purchased the set for a separate reason.
On occasion my wife and I will meet family and or friends at restaurants for lunch, or dinner. At times the restaurant of choice will be an Asian restaurant. Now, depending on the restaurant location and let's say "star rating" you may, or you may not have a knife and fork assembly on your table setting prior to seating. I find that many times, knife and fork assemble is not there. So my wife always asks "May I have a knife and fork for my husband please?"
I am no stranger to chopsticks 🥢, I have been around them for many, many years. I have never acquired the simple skills to use them properly, and do not have plans to be impressive or skillful with such, I find them awkward and have no use for them! Besides, I am left-handed and southpaw chopsticks are hard to come by.
I believe my wife can even tie her tennis shoes with them. If on rare occasions she sees chopsticks in my hands I think she worries that I will accidentally but my eyes 👀 out.

img106.jpg
img105.jpg
IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0008 (2).JPG
IMG_0009.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG
IMG_0011.JPG
IMG_0012 (1).JPG
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Boker Stag Fork & Knife Set.

Post by royal0014 »

Interesting, to say the least.
I can certainly understand the need. I would starve if forced to rely on two sticks ....
::tu::
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
rangerbluedog

Post by rangerbluedog »

Nice set, O F!
I've been eyeballin' those myself.

::tu::
-Blue
Click the link below to order your copy of the Boker book!
https://TheBokerBook.com
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Nice set - Orvis has the same set https://m.orvis.com/product/stag-knife- ... k-set/2kja and in-time will deep discount their remaining inventory. I’ve used the Orvis Asado set https://images.app.goo.gl/sWHYj81LDNJA5Mnx7 for over 25 years in restaurants and have learned to embrace the stares and questions knowing that I’ll always have a sharp knife and unmolested fork! ::ds::
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
RevolverGuy

Post by RevolverGuy »

What a beautiful set. I love the design of that sheath. I've always been curious about the kitchen cutlery from Boker and seeing this makes me want to get one.
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

Thanks for the comments guys.
I must be cautious that if I must excuse myself from the table that someone remains to keep an eye on my utensils. ::paranoid::
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”