Boker USA Series

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Boker USA Series

Post by Quick Steel »

These three medium Stockmans are part of the Great American Story series. Produced between 76 and 78 to commemorate our Bicentennial.
Made in the U.S. of carbon steel, delrin, and badged with oversized shields. Commemorated here are One Nation, Lewis and Clark, and the Golden Spike [Transcontinental Railroad].
P1030251 (2).JPG
P1030250 (2).JPG
P1030252 (2).JPG
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Boker USA Series

Post by doglegg »

3 knice one QS. I have seen a couple I almost pulled the trigger on. Really quality knives and usually at a pretty good price. Thanks for sharing. ::nod::
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Thank you dog. Other than as a collectible, they would make fine users for those who favor a medium Stockman. For using I prefer a larger knife of that pattern.
MadeinUSA

Post by MadeinUSA »

I bought my fourth knife (from the series) tonight… should be here in a few days

This is the “sweet land of liberty” / 13 colonies Model… first in the series from May 1974

not sure I’ll try and collected them all… but it’s tempting

Here’s the link to the info on the series http://jwissandsons.com/Boker/commemora ... can-Story/
B3CC9ACF-19DE-4DC5-99DD-A155082B2D67.jpeg
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Those USA Bokers are overlooked and underappreciated in my opinion. Knives are well made with excellent blade steel. Yes, they were made as collectables back around the bicentennial, but they are also well made knives produced by an American knife maker who is no longer in business. I expect that the day will come that many of us will be saying "Why didn't I grab a bunch of those up while they were cheap and easy to come by?"
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Oledadsknives

Post by Oledadsknives »

philco wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:01 am Those USA Bokers are overlooked and underappreciated in my opinion. Knives are well made with excellent blade steel. Yes, they were made as collectables back around the bicentennial, but they are also well made knives produced by an American knife maker who is no longer in business. I expect that the day will come that many of us will be saying "Why didn't I grab a bunch of those up while they were cheap and easy to come by?"
Totally agree Phil!
You can lead a person to wisdom, but you can’t make them think ::nod::
Where I am is where I’ll be!!
Jimbo
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

I second that Phil. These are very nice quality knives and the construction is just as good as most newer knives being produced. Very overlooked.
Nice knives Garry
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Beavertail

Post by Beavertail »

I bought these four from Sanders knives.
They all came with the original boxes and warranty cards.
They make a nice display. ::tu::
Attachments
20230317_055814.jpg
Tim
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

You are right Tim. They do in fact make for a very nice display. Congratulations on your acquisitions.
MadeinUSA

Post by MadeinUSA »

MadeinUSA wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:52 am I bought my fourth knife (from the series) tonight… should be here in a few days

This is the “sweet land of liberty” / 13 colonies Model… first in the series from May 1974

Here’s the link to the info on the series http://jwissandsons.com/Boker/commemora ... can-Story/

Ha ha ha ha… ordered on the 14th of Mar. and arrived on the 22nd of April!

Seller refunded me after a couple of weeks and filed a lost mail claim with USPS. USPS closed the claim because they couldn’t find it. But lo and behold… it came today, I’m sending payment to seller since I was refunded… but now have the knife.

Nice knife… first in the series if 24

I now have five
IMG_3084.jpeg
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Beavertail, you're going to need a bigger display. I have admired that set as well.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

MadeinUSA wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:54 pm
MadeinUSA wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:52 am I bought my fourth knife (from the series) tonight… should be here in a few days

Seller refunded me after a couple of weeks and filed a lost mail claim with USPS. USPS closed the claim because they couldn’t find it. But lo and behold… it came today, I’m sending payment to seller since I was refunded… but now have the knife.

I now have five

IMG_3084.jpeg
The frustration just sweetened the knife Jim.
MadeinUSA

Post by MadeinUSA »

doglegg wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:34 pm
MadeinUSA wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:54 pm

I now have five

IMG_3084.jpeg
The frustration just sweetened the knife Jim.
::tu:: It really cleaned up nice, too. I used some Case paste and polished it and it looks close to new!

And I counted again.., I have 6 of the series

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”