The Boker 'Scout'

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
Yehuda

Re: The Boker 'Scout'

Post by Yehuda »

Just learned about these the hard way! :)
"Wise man say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Colonel26 wrote:Beautiful knives guys! I never knew about this pattern before this thread! Wow!
Wade, do you mean the pattern in general, or as a Böker? Remington made the pattern also, the R3843. It was also part of the Remington reproductions series made by Camillus.

I’ve often wondered about the history of the pattern. Who originated it? ::shrug:: (My semi-educated SWAG would be Böker. Probably brought to Remington by an ex-Böker cutler. Just a guess.) ::hmm:: Here’s a Remington version for comparison.

Ken
Attachments
Remington R3843
Remington R3843
Remington R3843
Remington R3843
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Mumbleypeg wrote:
Colonel26 wrote:Beautiful knives guys! I never knew about this pattern before this thread! Wow!
Wade, do you mean the pattern in general, or as a Böker? Remington made the pattern also, the R3843. It was also part of the Remington reproductions series made by Camillus.

I’ve often wondered about the history of the pattern. Who originated it? ::shrug:: (My semi-educated SWAG would be Böker. Probably brought to Remington by an ex-Böker cutler. Just a guess.) ::hmm:: Here’s a Remington version for comparison.

Ken
That particular pattern of scout knife. I’d never seen one before. Nice pattern!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”