BOKER REPRO

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

BOKER REPRO

Post by Quick Steel »

Made in Germany, a Boker reproduction of a 1943 U.S. M8A1:
P1020758.JPG
P1020760.JPG
P1020757.JPG
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: BOKER REPRO

Post by doglegg »

Good looking knife QS. A little romance in those blades. ::nod::
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

These knives seem to be very high quality. I had not known where they were made. I have one also and the seller's notes are here:
Seller’s description: “H. Boker & Co. 1943 U.S. M3 WWII trench knife commemorative.” With M8A1 Boker metal scabbard and leg lanyard. Serial #5352. Stacked leather handles. High carbon SK-5 steel blade. Circa early 2000s. Originally designed and issued in 1943, the M3 trench knife was intended to be used by any U.S. soldier during WWII who was not equipped with a bayonet- soldiers with pistols, submachine guns, light and heavy machine guns, etc. The first troops to receive the M3s were the Airborne, Mountain Ranger and Glider infantry units. Among the nine manufacturers who produced the M3 during wartime was H. Boker & Co., with a total of 31,300 pieces, which was the smallest quantity. This reproduction was made by Boker Plus and was released for the 65th anniversary. The black coated blade is made of high carbon SK-5 steel and features the original H. Boker & Co. blade tang stamp, including the year 1943 designation stamp. He handle is made of stacked leather pieces. Each knife features a laser engraved serial number, which is #5253 on this knife. Blade length 6 3/4 inches, Overall length 11 1/2 inches. Weight 8.4 ounces.”
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

My M3 Fighting Knife or Trench knife is serial #0020 which I purchased thru AG. Russell when it first came out. The scabbard is fiberglass with a metal throat. The SK5 steel enjoys an excellent reputation. The balance point is approximately 1/2 in. behind the guard so it is just slightly handle heavy. This weight distribution allows the blade to be moved quickly as it should since this design is not for chopping but as a thrust or slash weapon. Our WWII Rangers, Paras, and others were well equipped with this blade. With its history, it is worthy of a good reproduction and Boker did it proud.
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

I highly recommend this 41 page softbound book.
m3001.jpg
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Quick Steel wrote: The scabbard is fiberglass with a metal throat.
My sheath is metal (aluminum?) with a steel throat.

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”