Damast anyone?

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
Cletus Awreetus

Damast anyone?

Post by Cletus Awreetus »

I stumbled upon this over the weekend, figured--why not..
anybody know anything about it? There seem to be a few limited edition Damas out and about over the yrs, but I can't find anything comprehensive on this particular one at all,,anywhere.
Attachments
Damast 1.JPG
Damast 2.JPG
Damast 3.JPG
Damast 4.JPG
-the problem with society today is, no one drinks from the skulls of their dead enemies anymore..-
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Damast anyone?

Post by doglegg »

C A, you do well when you stumble. That is a fine looking knife. Damascus always catches my eye.
sam eib

Post by sam eib »

Boker too. Nice find on this one.
Montanaman

Post by Montanaman »

Ever since 1980, Boker has made an annual damascus series, that should be the 1986 edition. Boker used to have a list with pics and descriptions of each year, but I can not find it anymore. Boker has made a lot of damascus knives over the years, using Markus Balbach damascus for many years prior to 2011, until they had a falling out.
Cletus Awreetus

thanks MM. yeah, I've searched high and low and can't find anything concrete on this one. you'd think there'd be some ebay sold history but I'm coming up empty there too. I guess I could try emailing Boker next...
-the problem with society today is, no one drinks from the skulls of their dead enemies anymore..-
rangerbluedog

Post by rangerbluedog »

The Boker DAMAST Limited Edition series started way back in 1979 when long time Boker president Ernst Felix happened upon a newspaper article about Manfred Sachse and his damascus swords. Felix had the idea to explore the possibility of having damascus blades in folding knives for the high-end collecting community.
Felix met Manfred Sachse and the first order was placed at a knife show in Utah from Browning Arms for 500 lockback knives, model 3218. Ernst Felix believes this was the first "mass produced" damascus blade knives.

The first DAMAST limited edition knives sold under the BOKER brand was the model 615 in 1980. It was a single blade lockback. Limited to a quantity of 300 knives in the first edition, but in 1981, the series was increased to 500 pieces. And in 1982, it was increased again to 600 pieces. Since 1985, the annual DAMAST limited edition has been set at 999 pieces.

https://www.boker.de/damast-jahresmesser

The link above shows every DAMAST limited edition ever made. 1980 - 2018! It is in German, but the pictures of each knife are awesome!

EDIT:
Here's that same webpage, translated through GOOGLE TRANSLATE:
https://translate.google.com/translate? ... edit-text=
-Blue
Click the link below to order your copy of the Boker book!
https://TheBokerBook.com
Cletus Awreetus

Blue,
thank you for that. no idea why I couldn't find that literature but it's obviously exactly what I was looking for. Honestly, I was hoping to get an idea what it was and what it's worth. Figured I could surely turn a little profit considering what I gave for it. Upon further review I think I'll hang on to it for a while. you sir are a gentleman with a scholarship.
-CA
Montanaman

Post by Montanaman »

That's the info I was looking for, saved, thanks Blue. I have had quite a few of them over the years, would love to find a 1990.

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”