What did I just buy? 85173

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
jtb

What did I just buy? 85173

Post by jtb »

I stopped in a local gun shop today and bought this Boker Treebrand for $15. It’s marked 85173 on the tang. The I assume it’s a 1994 from the shield. It doesn’t appear to have ever been sharpened or used. The handles feel like plastic. I’m assuming it wasn’t a super bargain since I’m sure the shop would have checked out the value, but it feels like a decent knife for $15
Attachments
6A4E654E-8309-4E33-8A54-D9BEA0E427CB.jpeg
Checks out my items for sale https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/jtb
bladebuddy

Re: What did I just buy? 85173

Post by bladebuddy »

Jtb, I think you got a nice stockman knife for a bargain price. Handles do look like delrin plastic so the collector value is not so much. The real value in that knife is as a user and every day carrier. Enjoy it. Steve B.
Steve B.
Keep your edge sharp, otherwise you just can't cut it.

Looking for Carrier Cutlery and early Robeson with Elmira tang stamps.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

The handles look to be Delrin from here. $15 is a steal.

As to pawn shops being experts, that sure isn’t always the case. No one can be an expert on everything. I’ve seen prices on items that were stupid high and prices on items that were crazy low. You just never know.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
timb

Post by timb »

Colonel26 wrote:I’ve seen prices on items that were stupid high and prices on items that were crazy low. You just never know.
In my area they're mostly stupid high. Used items priced higher than what you can normally find new ones for.

Thanks the help guys.
Thinning out my knifes. Take a look at what I have for sale.
https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/timb
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

I think you did good jtb. That is a lot more than a $15 knife.
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

timb wrote:
Colonel26 wrote:I’ve seen prices on items that were stupid high and prices on items that were crazy low. You just never know.
In my area they're mostly stupid high. Used items priced higher than what you can normally find new ones for.

Thanks the help guys.

Sounds a lot like locally with Case and Boker. The former especially. I saw a Caliber (camo) Mako for the same price they are new. I think in part, it's why I'm glad I mostly collect Camillus and Schrade and other brands.

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”