tree brand

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
mrwatch

tree brand

Post by mrwatch »

I picked this up recently at a antique mall. Vintage Boker Solingen Germany 2 Blade Congress Pocket Knife
Tree Brand #5252 Jigged Bone. Length: 3-1/4” closed. has the indented bolsters, Thanks for looking.
Attachments
DSCN4352.jpg
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: tree brand

Post by philco »

Dandy little knife. I'm a fan of the brand. ::tu::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

That's a good little knife. I don't have any Boker/Tree Brand but I here they are very good knives. I like the looks of yours though. ::nod:: If you like Boker/Tree Brand, check out the AG Russell website. He has some real nice Boker's and the prices are fairly reasonable.https://agrussell.com/knife/Boker-Barlo ... -BO-AG473S#

https://agrussell.com/knife/Boker-Trapp ... BO-2525SWB

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
tallguy606

Post by tallguy606 »

If buying Boker, be sure it says "Solingen" on the tang, or you are getting a not made-in-Germany knife. Boker has a whole line - Traditional Series - that look great, for about half of a Solingen Boker. These are sold all over the place. I understand they are made of German parts shipped to Oriental country, assembled, then sent back. They may be OK, I have never personally owned one.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

mrwatch wrote:I picked this up recently at a antique mall. Vintage Boker Solingen Germany 2 Blade Congress Pocket Knife
Tree Brand #5252 Jigged Bone. Length: 3-1/4” closed. has the indented bolsters, Thanks for looking.
That is a fine looking knife. I have a newer 4 blade congress I really like.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

tallguy606 wrote:If buying Boker, be sure it says "Solingen" on the tang, or you are getting a not made-in-Germany knife. Boker has a whole line - Traditional Series - that look great, for about half of a Solingen Boker. These are sold all over the place. I understand they are made of German parts shipped to Oriental country, assembled, then sent back. They may be OK, I have never personally owned one.
Having owned both (Solingen & Pacific Rim made Bokers), my opinion is that they are all very fine knives. The ones assembled in China are significantly better quality (fit & finish, etc.) than most other Chinese made brands (such as Rough Rider).

Here's a Tree Brand Liner-Lock Copperhead I just picked up for under $40 NIB. Very well-made knife. Silky smooth walk, rock solid lockup, razor sharp factory edge and a bargain price...nothing to disappoint.
P2250014.JPG
P2250017.JPG
~Q~
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
BWT

Post by BWT »

That's a good looking knife Q!!!
Bill
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

That's a beauty,love this pattern but only got a couple ,I've got a Tree brand Barlow and it's got a wicked snap to it ::tu::
Paul,

friendship is a rare and precious gift,
A day without a pocket knife is the day your need it,
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Three Chestnut Trees. Sold by Boker USA.
P1020459.JPG
rangerbluedog

Post by rangerbluedog »

QTCut, that is a good-looking copper lock. I love that gray bone.

Quicky, it always makes me smile to see some good old 1970s BOKER USA knives! ::tu::
-Blue
Click the link below to order your copy of the Boker book!
https://TheBokerBook.com

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”