tree brand

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
mrwatch

tree brand

Post by mrwatch »

I picked this up recently at a antique mall. Vintage Boker Solingen Germany 2 Blade Congress Pocket Knife
Tree Brand #5252 Jigged Bone. Length: 3-1/4” closed. has the indented bolsters, Thanks for looking.
Attachments
DSCN4352.jpg
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: tree brand

Post by philco »

Dandy little knife. I'm a fan of the brand. ::tu::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

That's a good little knife. I don't have any Boker/Tree Brand but I here they are very good knives. I like the looks of yours though. ::nod:: If you like Boker/Tree Brand, check out the AG Russell website. He has some real nice Boker's and the prices are fairly reasonable.https://agrussell.com/knife/Boker-Barlo ... -BO-AG473S#

https://agrussell.com/knife/Boker-Trapp ... BO-2525SWB

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
tallguy606

Post by tallguy606 »

If buying Boker, be sure it says "Solingen" on the tang, or you are getting a not made-in-Germany knife. Boker has a whole line - Traditional Series - that look great, for about half of a Solingen Boker. These are sold all over the place. I understand they are made of German parts shipped to Oriental country, assembled, then sent back. They may be OK, I have never personally owned one.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

mrwatch wrote:I picked this up recently at a antique mall. Vintage Boker Solingen Germany 2 Blade Congress Pocket Knife
Tree Brand #5252 Jigged Bone. Length: 3-1/4” closed. has the indented bolsters, Thanks for looking.
That is a fine looking knife. I have a newer 4 blade congress I really like.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

tallguy606 wrote:If buying Boker, be sure it says "Solingen" on the tang, or you are getting a not made-in-Germany knife. Boker has a whole line - Traditional Series - that look great, for about half of a Solingen Boker. These are sold all over the place. I understand they are made of German parts shipped to Oriental country, assembled, then sent back. They may be OK, I have never personally owned one.
Having owned both (Solingen & Pacific Rim made Bokers), my opinion is that they are all very fine knives. The ones assembled in China are significantly better quality (fit & finish, etc.) than most other Chinese made brands (such as Rough Rider).

Here's a Tree Brand Liner-Lock Copperhead I just picked up for under $40 NIB. Very well-made knife. Silky smooth walk, rock solid lockup, razor sharp factory edge and a bargain price...nothing to disappoint.
P2250014.JPG
P2250017.JPG
~Q~
~Q~
BWT

Post by BWT »

That's a good looking knife Q!!!
Bill
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

That's a beauty,love this pattern but only got a couple ,I've got a Tree brand Barlow and it's got a wicked snap to it ::tu::
Paul,

friendship is a rare and precious gift,
A day without a pocket knife is the day your need it,
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Three Chestnut Trees. Sold by Boker USA.
P1020459.JPG
rangerbluedog

Post by rangerbluedog »

QTCut, that is a good-looking copper lock. I love that gray bone.

Quicky, it always makes me smile to see some good old 1970s BOKER USA knives! ::tu::
-Blue
Click the link below to order your copy of the Boker book!
https://TheBokerBook.com

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”