ID this Boker

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
RVA-Jeff

ID this Boker

Post by RVA-Jeff »

Model number? Value? Type of bone? Any info appreciated.
Attachments
IMG_1564.JPG
IMG_1563.JPG
IMG_1562.JPG
IMG_1561.JPG
IMG_1560.JPG
IMG_1559.JPG
rangerbluedog

Re: ID this Boker

Post by rangerbluedog »

That, Sir, is a mighty fine knife.
That is what is known as the BOKER OPTIMA, interchangeable blade lock back hunting knife. Made in 1994.
Note the special shield that was only used that year, the 125th Anniversary. Pattern #3106. Made in Solingen Germany. The handles are polished grey bone. 440C stainless steel blades. It's nice that the entire set with extra ceramic blade and black nylon case is still complete as a set.
The MSRP was $325! Probably sold at a retail store for about $185 or so. I'm just guessing' because you don't see too many of these for sale, but I'd guess it would go for about $200 at an online auction.
Here is a page from the 1995 catalog.
optima.jpg
By the way, WELCOME TO AAPK!
-Blue
Click the link below to order your copy of the Boker book!
https://TheBokerBook.com
RVA-Jeff

Post by RVA-Jeff »

Thank you for the info! I really appreciate it. Is ebay best bet you think to get it in the hands of an enthusiast and get me decent value?
rangerbluedog

Post by rangerbluedog »

Depends on how long you want to hang on to it. You could possibly get more for it, but not as quickly. One thing about selling online is the Nation wide - or World wide - exposure. Boker knives are notoriously undervalued with collectors. I think it is because information is not readily available about them. The sales prices on older Boker knives are really starting to increase recently, so that may be changing.
-Blue
Click the link below to order your copy of the Boker book!
https://TheBokerBook.com
alabama

Post by alabama »

Kendal at cecil clark knives-Newport ky.-(-I used to live 3 miles from his shop)-BLADEMATRIX-on computer-search high to low prices under boker-sold one blade versions in several handle materials for $125.

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”