Another Boker USA Congress

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
Pockets

Another Boker USA Congress

Post by Pockets »

Large Congress (plain Jane) 4 1/8th inches closed

What I know, but cannot show. (imagine a really nice example, but no picture available)
Missing Boker shield (ROUND), four blade (Drop point, two pens and a sheepfoot).
TREE *!* BRAND Printed like a Classic (No Fancy/Larger T), No word "Classic", No border around the "TREE BRAND"(Located on Sheepfoot)

Model
59 tree 74

Delrin, but like I said, missing the BOKER shield. (small round hole about 5/16")

Your best guess at the age/range given the clues?

Tight, somewhat stiff to open, but oiled and clean (Never been sharpened and still sharp)

That being said, I will guess prior to 1983.

The TREE BRAND looks just like it is printed in this post, nothing fancy and it is quite faded, but although faint, it is very easy to read once you are able to get good lighting and position the blade properly to the eye.

The tree.. Hmm I need to study it a bit.. Not sure what to look for on the tree..

What is your best guess as to the date of Manufacture or your range of dates that would give me some clue.. Value is something that changes with ownership. I plan on carving and whittling, but curious about the steel (1095?)

The Silver Bolsters seem large (3/4 of an inch)
Three pins hold the Delrin.

Without pictures and a shield it may not be possible to give a date.

Thank you in advance for any clues you can provide..
Sorry I do not have a camera..

Not bone (Cut into it gently with a razor)
Not as sharp as I should be
Pockets

Re: Another Boker USA Congress

Post by Pockets »

A picture would help.. I am assuming the words TREE BRAND Without the fancy capital "T" was not a good indicator of Date of Manufacturing. I know we can buy brand new Boker Congresses with the BOKER USA on the blade, so perhaps this knife is newer than 1983.. Anyways, I am researching a lot on this forum.

The two pen knife blades are not available on the newer large Congress though. Nice knife none the less. Been whittling with it and also slicing pears, apples and peaches to eat at the farmers market.
Not as sharp as I should be
alabama

Re: Another Boker USA Congress

Post by alabama »

newer plastic handle us bokers were made in Germany-we didn't have anyone that could set the blades--that is why new 4 blade case knives (parker had queen produce most case classics)are about as wide as some 8 blade f.roosters and bulldog knives..

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”