2007?!!

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
Alien883

2007?!!

Post by Alien883 »

I went to my local flea market few years ago...spotted a SCHRADE large 2 blade trapper, checked it out and was pretty sure it was a Taylor China contraction...the seller said its mostly China made...what caught my eye was the beautiful bone handle and flawless fit and finish...he let it go for $20 and I planed on selling it soon with $5 profit!?!
Well, came out to be one of the very first GEC knives ever came out of the newly opened factory...research showed GEC made a small batch for Taylor to fill first orders and get some machines set up correctly....knowing ur stuff is essential...lol...got lucky that time!!!
Attachments
IMG_20190524_103618.jpg
IMG_20190524_104021.jpg
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: 2007?!!

Post by philco »

Dandy knife. I remember when those came out. ::tu::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

Great find. Congrats.
-Tim
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Very cool! 😎
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Awesome score!

I'm in the same part of the country as you, and virtually everything is overpriced and many sellers are know-it-alls whom correcting is an exercise in futility (like the guy who tried to say a factory second Schrade hawkbill was a rare model for the German market). At best, you have dealers who are truly knowledgable and sell stuff at fair value. I recently bought an unused and uncarried, but poorly stored Boker Whittler from my local knife store for just under $30, and that is the cheapest decent German Boker I have ever seen locally. The ones I often find cheaply (that is $5 or less) is the Klein Tools knives (both the big hawkbill and the little coping knife), utilized heavily in the coal mines. I have them practically everywhere--toolboxes, vehicles, jackets, my EDC.
Alien883

Post by Alien883 »

cody6268 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:15 am Awesome score!

I'm in the same part of the country as you, and virtually everything is overpriced and many sellers are know-it-alls whom correcting is an exercise in futility (like the guy who tried to say a factory second Schrade hawkbill was a rare model for the German market). At best, you have dealers who are truly knowledgable and sell stuff at fair value. I recently bought an unused and uncarried, but poorly stored Boker Whittler from my local knife store for just under $30, and that is the cheapest decent German Boker I have ever seen locally. The ones I often find cheaply (that is $5 or less) is the Klein Tools knives (both the big hawkbill and the little coping knife), utilized heavily in the coal mines. I have them practically everywhere--toolboxes, vehicles, jackets, my EDC.
Lol, I agree...around here everybody knows knives...so they tell you....Case, maybe Böker or John Primbell...thats it...if I show up with an old Ulster or a Hartkopf Solingen they make big eyes...lol
All Case knives here are way over priced, no matter how old or young...I have now may times snatched a good valuable knife on local flea markets because " knife sellers" had no clue what he had...lol

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”