New key ring knife.

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
cudgee

New key ring knife.

Post by cudgee »

For those interested GEC have announced an upcoming release of a key ring knife, just a bit smaller than their Viper release. It has Sambar stag covers, a sheepsfoot blade with a leather lanyard key ring attatchment.
Beavertail

Re: New key ring knife.

Post by Beavertail »

cudgee wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:09 am For those interested GEC have announced an upcoming release of a key ring knife, just a bit smaller than their Viper release. It has Sambar stag covers, a sheepsfoot blade with a leather lanyard key ring attatchment.
Here's a photo of the knife.
It's a good looking knife! ::tu::
Attachments
IMG_4006-620x400.jpg
Tim
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

With the sheepsfoot blade, this will make a great fifth-pocket knife.

I am hoping a Delrin/carbon variation will eventually be made. You know, one I wouldn't mind actually putting on my keys.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Thanks for posting, cudgee. I'm with Cody, a stag keychain knife is just a little too gorgeous to get beaten around with my keys.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
texoma
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by texoma »

they look nice but to small for me, here's the specs from the site

GREAT EASTERN CUTLERY
STAINLESS STEEL
SAMBAR STAG
2 1/2 INCHES CLOSED LENGTH
SHEEPFOOT OR SPEAR BLADE
LEATHER LANYARD STAMPED WITH “GREAT EASTERN CUTLERY”
Frank

Want 85 RHK Antique Walnut Jig Bone & other Harness Jacks
Trade & Buy List Link https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/wtt ... s.1884432/
Retirement is a time to enjoy the things you never could before
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I would prefer 'glow in the dark' type handles to help you find your keys in a dark room.
kj
Rotten

Post by Rotten »

There hasn't been much from GEC this year that has interested me but these got my attention due to the novelty, at least it hasn't got a comb. Anyway I was able to get a reservation on CK a little while ago and he is giving a choice of blade spear or sheepsfoot. Decisions, decisions.
Trace
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

There's a guy here wanting $140 for them, and a guy on eBay wanting $100. For a knife this size (I can get a Solingen Boker penknife in stag for $60 at the local knife store); even $100 seems high.

What's the MSRP?
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

cody6268 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:51 am There's a guy here wanting $140 for them, and a guy on eBay wanting $100. For a knife this size (I can get a Solingen Boker penknife in stag for $60 at the local knife store); even $100 seems high.

What's the MSRP?
I have just read else where that one seller already has 5 for sale on a large auction site. ::hmm::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

cudgee wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:21 am
cody6268 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:51 am There's a guy here wanting $140 for them, and a guy on eBay wanting $100. For a knife this size (I can get a Solingen Boker penknife in stag for $60 at the local knife store); even $100 seems high.

What's the MSRP?
I have just read else where that one seller already has 5 for sale on a large auction site. ::hmm::
cudgee, it's okay to say "ebay" on AAPK unless of course you have a bone to pick with them.

Me: No Thanks
Attachments
GEC #05 Keychain Knife.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

What's the MSRP?
I saw them for $68.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Rotten wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:06 pm There hasn't been much from GEC this year that has interested me but these got my attention due to the novelty, at least it hasn't got a comb. Anyway I was able to get a reservation on CK a little while ago and he is giving a choice of blade spear or sheepsfoot. Decisions, decisions.
Decisions, Decisions, what did you go with, just saw their email when i woke up and reservations closed, with a choice having to be made. ::undecided::
Rotten

Post by Rotten »

cudgee wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:00 pm
Rotten wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:06 pm There hasn't been much from GEC this year that has interested me but these got my attention due to the novelty, at least it hasn't got a comb. Anyway I was able to get a reservation on CK a little while ago and he is giving a choice of blade spear or sheepsfoot. Decisions, decisions.
Decisions, Decisions, what did you go with, just saw their email when i woke up and reservations closed, with a choice having to be made. ::undecided::
I initially picked and ordered the sheepsfoot and was able to pick up the spear later from CK as well. They're both already inbound to me so next week I'll get to compare them in person.
Trace
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Rotten wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:35 pm
cudgee wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:00 pm
I initially picked and ordered the sheepsfoot and was able to pick up the spear later from CK as well. They're both already inbound to me so next week I'll get to compare them in person.
::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: :)
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

There are some for sale over at Collector Knives, advertised as Stag put aside, varying qualities, if anyone is interested.
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Have no interest in this knife. It's to small and it dont trip my trigger.
David
Rotten

Post by Rotten »

Never posted the ones I picked up. Pics of the other side came out blurry but they are well matched.
20210807_104404.jpg
Trace
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Those are nice rotten! ::tu::
David

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”