excellent fixed blade

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
tongueriver

excellent fixed blade

Post by tongueriver »

This knife was made by GEC. I have one myself and a letter from Christine of GEC verifying its authenticity. This is a good price, too if you can get it for that.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Schrade-Trail- ... SwO99gZ4JU
cody6268

Re: excellent fixed blade

Post by cody6268 »

These would be the only Schrades that "aren't actually a Schrade" that I would probably consider.

And, you're right, $189 ain't bad, especially given the schtoopid prices people are paying for GECs these days.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Calvin thanks for telling us about this knife. I have not heard of it before and likely would not have believed that GEC had made it.
Odd to choose the "Trail of Tears" name as this is a Schrade folding Clasp knife from 1976 ?
Other than name, what is the connection of this knife to Schrade ?
Is the pattern a copy of an old Schrade-Walden or Schrade Cut Co. fixed blade ?
kj
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

"Other than name, what is the connection of this knife to Schrade ?" It was a collaboration between Stewart Taylor and some subsidiary or connected company with the Cherokee Indian tribe.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

tongueriver wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:19 pm "Other than name, what is the connection of this knife to Schrade ?" It was a collaboration between Stewart Taylor and some subsidiary or connected company with the Cherokee Indian tribe.
Thanks Calvin. Interesting to know the connection to the Cherokee Indian tribe. If i was still acquiring knives i would buy it.
kj

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”