74 Free-For-All

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
kootenay joe

Re: 74 Free-For-All

Post by kootenay joe »

Do not pay the high secondary market prices. It is o.k. if the flipper makes reasonable profit for the work involved. Decide for your self how much a reasonable profit is and then do not pay more than this amount.
If everyone did this many of the flippers would soon drop their prices to 'reasonable'. They need to sell to keep their 'show' going.
Potential buyers have the power to prevent flippers from making unreasonable profits. If enough people wait, the high secondary market prices for new releases will come down. Be patient and don't forget that you might one day be able to trade with another collector for the GEC knife you missed out on.
kj
Onearmbladejunkie

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

I am going to end up with a Black Plum #47 Viper , three #47 Arizona iron-wood knives and one #47 Sambar Stag knife . My main GEC dealer is cherry picking an ironwood #47 that looks more like Kingwood for strength. My main dealer will send me the phattest ugliest sambar stag after they arrive. My main GEC dealer always looks for the phattest bone knife for me. I open my Gator snap knives with my feet and a GEC tube poppers. Stabbing your index finger twice with a tube popper, really hurts. I like phat ugly Sambar Stag knives. I can stick them between my thighs/knees and open them right up. I tell everybody to contact the smaller GEC dealers and they will help you. I had to pay $15 more for my Sambar Stag knives to my dealer. I get wonderful service and I receive knives that I can open better. It is worth the extra $5 to $15 per knife. I hate flippers and Evil-bay. Some bigger dealers that offer lower prices , want GEC to put a cap on prices. This might put a real damper on the smaller dealers. We & GEC needs all of their dealers . Price capping and more regulations never work. Our stupid government has slaughtered the value of the dollar. Expect prices to soar in 2021. I am so thankful for the wonderful knives that I own. Another Crazy Pennsylvania shutdown and we might lose both CASE XX/Zippo and GEC companies. Pray for our President , Bill Howard , all the GEC dealers , all the CASEXX/Zippo/GEC workers and the dirt-bags that want to shut these fine companies down.
EzmsEK2.jpg
Daffy-Mine.jpg
Daffy-Mine.jpg (17.34 KiB) Viewed 1417 times
th5VUQQ5HI.jpg
th5VUQQ5HI.jpg (11.43 KiB) Viewed 1417 times
lMrnR0J.jpg
lMrnR0J.jpg (14.71 KiB) Viewed 1417 times
Onearmbladejunkie

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

I ended up with seven #74 Mustangs. The #74s knives were the hardest knives to obtain this year. I scored the AAPK knife by the skin of my teeth.

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”