2020 AAPK GEC#74 in progress ?????

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
RalphAlsip

Re: 2020 AAPK GEC#74 in progress ?????

Post by RalphAlsip »

At the end of the day it is just a pocket knife, albeit a very nice one and one that is associated with a fine organization (AAPK). So while it might be a temporary disappointment to those who were not able to purchase one, in the scheme of every thing else going on it is not that big of a deal. It also eases the disappointment if the knives went to AAPK supporting members who intend to put them in their pocket or in their collections. It would be more disheartening if a good number of the knives ended up in the hands of profiteers whose only objective is to immediately flip the knives to a collecter in a price gouging manner.

I appreciate that AAPK is run in a calm, fair, structured, and organized manner. It is my hope that the hysteria and chaos that found its way into this year's knife release process can be avoided in future releases.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

For future reference, is there a way to restrict sales to 1 knife per member over a 24 hour period of time? ::shrug:: I feel badly for active members who didn't even get the opportunity to pick up a Club knife. I hate thinking about the possibility these knives were snatched up by the dozens only to be sold for double the price on eBay by someone who might not even be an active member.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

1967redrider wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:05 pm For future reference, is there a way to restrict sales to 1 knife per member over a 24 hour period of time? ::shrug:: I feel badly for active members who didn't even get the opportunity to pick up a Club knife. I hate thinking about the possibility these knives were snatched up by the dozens only to be sold for double the price on eBay by someone who might not even be an active member.
If i see any appearing for resale anywhere, and i mean anywhere, i shall be boycotting that seller/store for life. These are a limited run of approximately 100 knives for members of the forum, many who have the set and want to keep their set going and complete, and i really feel for these people if they have missed out. These were never made to be commodity items to sell for a profit, they are club knives, if individuals of AAPK want to trade or deal between themselves then that is fine and between themselves, but that is completely different from profiteering.
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

1967redrider wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:05 pm For future reference, is there a way to restrict sales to 1 knife per member over a 24 hour period of time? ::shrug:: I feel badly for active members who didn't even get the opportunity to pick up a Club knife. I hate thinking about the possibility these knives were snatched up by the dozens only to be sold for double the price on eBay by someone who might not even be an active member.
Agreed. I think Blade Forums requires membership, with a minimum number of posts. I knew these would go viral and be gone very quickly, when they got cross posted.
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
texoma
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by texoma »

Not to upset members who missed out but there is one for sale on the eBay already, he should be put on the no sale list next time. He's definitely a flipper, he's also selling an Indian river jack I recently missed out on, oh well what's a guy to do.
Frank

Want 85 RHK Antique Walnut Jig Bone & other Harness Jacks
Trade & Buy List Link https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/wtt ... s.1884432/
Retirement is a time to enjoy the things you never could before
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

texoma wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:17 am Not to upset members who missed out but there is one for sale on the eBay already, he should be put on the no sale list next time. He's definitely a flipper, he's also selling an Indian river jack I recently missed out on, oh well what's a guy to do.
I like your thinking. And as to your question "what's a guy to do?". I have a list of sellers that i have blacklisted, and guess who's on it. :roll:
texoma
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by texoma »

cudgee wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:53 am
texoma wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:17 am Not to upset members who missed out but there is one for sale on the eBay already, he should be put on the no sale list next time. He's definitely a flipper, he's also selling an Indian river jack I recently missed out on, oh well what's a guy to do.
I like your thinking. And as to your question "what's a guy to do?". I have a list of sellers that i have blacklisted, and guess who's on it. :roll:
I’m definitely not buying from him or her it’s just frustrating, I can see getting a Northwoods knife but not a club knife.
Frank

Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

The seller has the knife offered for $275, BIN. Probably won’t happen but it would be nice if he/she has to eat it. ::nod::

Ken

Edit: correction - there are two for sale now, the other for $188 BIN. Not quite as greedy, I guess.
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

::facepalm::

Next year, I'll try to figure out a way to curb this.

Maybe give first dibs to supporting members, second dibs to members of 1 year or more, then open to any buyer ... or something similar.

Was not a fan of how things went down this year & I feel terrible for participating member who missed out. I do believe most went to long term members, thank goodness, & I was able to claw a few back & am still trying to claw back a couple more for members who expressed strong desire for one & have track record of buying prior years. ::tired::
Bryan
texoma
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by texoma »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:38 am
The seller has the knife offered for $275, BIN. Probably won’t happen but it would be nice if he/she has to eat it. ::nod::

Ken

Edit: correction - there are two for sale now, the other for $188 BIN. Not quite as greedy, I guess.
The $188 is last year’s 97 not the recent 74, still a club knife at least they waited a year
Frank

texoma
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by texoma »

Bryan wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:58 am
::facepalm::

Next year, I'll try to figure out a way to curb this.

Maybe give first dibs to supporting members, second dibs to members of 1 year or more, then open to any buyer ... or something similar.

Was not a fan of how things went down this year & I feel terrible for participating member who missed out. I do believe most went to long term members, thank goodness, & I was able to claw a few back & am still trying to claw back a couple more for members who expressed strong desire for one & have track record of buying prior years. ::tired::
It’s not an easy process and I appreciate your time doing this. GEC knives are hot right now so that does not help. I’m fortunate to purchase my first club knife , should be here Monday, thank you.
Frank

Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

texoma wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:04 am
Mumbleypeg wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:38 am

Ken

The $188 is last year’s 97 not the recent 74, still a club knife at least they waited a year
Good, I have no problem with that, especially since IIRC last year it took a few weeks for them to sell out. Everyone who wanted one had ample opportunity to get one here at the original price.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Gunsmoke47
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Gunsmoke47 »

Well I am a Gold tier member and have been a member of this forum since March of 2007. I have every single AAPK yearly knife ever made. I had planned to have a 2020 knife as well but I never even received an email that they were up for sale. This development saddens me greatly.
Gunsmoke47
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Gunsmoke47 »

Well I used to be a Gold tier member but it looks like I'm not that now either. ::shrug::
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Gunsmoke47 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:52 am Well I used to be a Gold tier member but it looks like I'm not that now either. ::shrug::
That is an easy fix. A simple $40 and you are back in royalty. ::nod:: ::nod::
Gunsmoke47
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Gunsmoke47 »

You're right doglegg I fixed it easily! :D
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

::tu::
Gunsmoke47 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:52 pm You're right doglegg I fixed it easily! :D
::tu:: ::tu:: ::nod::
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Gunsmoke47 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:50 am Well I am a Gold tier member and have been a member of this forum since March of 2007. I have every single AAPK yearly knife ever made. I had planned to have a 2020 knife as well but I never even received an email that they were up for sale. This development saddens me greatly.
Hey Gunsmoke47,

I had you on the list with a different email than what you're currently using on AAPK. Will update right now.

Also, PM inbound
Bryan
Onearmbladejunkie

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

NOT MY PHOTO ! SANTY CLAUS IS REAL ! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY !
91eQN4a.jpg

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”