New #35

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
Ivoryman

Re: New #35

Post by Ivoryman »

Thanks doglegg, Railsplitter. It's bitter sweet. End of an era on the SFO scene I keep hearing so it was even more of an incentive beyond just the cool size and configuration and killer bones. But it pains me to hear that and I don't expect to see anything like the M&G, or the Waynorths, or the TC Barlows, Lick Creeks, or the Northwoods anymore. You don't know how hard it is for me to write that. I think they are going to stop making their best knives, their best sellers, their cream of the crop. Can't believe a company would do that. They should just charge more. But GEC don't ask me. And to me the SFOs are better than regular GEC knives. Nothing wrong with the regular GEC of course, but there are significant differences to me and those very differences are the reason I look for the SFOs over regular GEC. Love GEC. Just love, love, love Northwoods, Waynorth, Lick Creek, TC Barlows, Gunstock Jacks, Franks, etc, etc even better. Love them. End of my favorites era.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

I predict that the GEC SFO's will return. I can't help thinking that it's only temporary and if they do return, I don't think it will be too long from now. Just a prediction but that's what I think.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Onearmbladejunkie

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

35-Autumn-Leaf-768x512.jpg
35-ebony.jpg
35-Nat-Canvas-Micarta-768x512.jpg
435677893223.jpg
43567889997.png
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Railsplitter wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:54 pm I predict that the GEC SFO's will return. I can't help thinking that it's only temporary and if they do return, I don't think it will be too long from now. Just a prediction but that's what I think.
Hey I hope you're right, but not holding my breath because I contacted KSF weeks ago when I first heard about the end of SFOs. Well they gave me the run around when I asked when the next Northwoods was coming out. Wouldn't answer the question at all, or even give me a pattern #. They did not confirm, nor deny the idea that Northwoods SFOs were over when I asked them directly, and they were cagey and vague about everything they did say as if they were hiding something. I asked this question of them a few years or so ago when I just wanted to get on the list and be notified about new releases and they were happy to oblige and told me it was coming when the next batch of GEC of that pattern was coming. They aren't saying that anymore. At least to me. I think GEC just killed their golden goose and they know it but don't want to lose followers by telling people like me there won't be anymore. They know that's all I follow them for and buy from them anyway.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Onearmbladejunkie

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

I ate Wild hog pork chops and the best link sausage from Piggly Wiggly . I always eat too fast . MY ebony-wood B&S #35 slowed me down and I really enjoyed my food.
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

Opened up the GEC 35 Beer & Sausage package today. This is the Autumn Leaf jigged bone model. Pretty knife, but I can't really appreciate the "blade" configuration. I would have preferred a redo of the Bladeforums Harness Jack with nice scales.
Attachments
GEC 35 Beer & Sausage Front Back Open.jpg
GEC 35 Beer & Sausage Compare with GEC 35 Drover.jpg
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

A pair courtesy of KennedyKnives. Great knives, can't find any flaws. Great size and pattern. Great SFO.
Attachments
thumbnail_20201015_125304.jpg
Hideaway Knives

Post by Hideaway Knives »

Great piece love it!

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”