WHAT IS YOUR DREAM 2020 AAPK CLUB KNIFE ?

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
kootenay joe

Re: WHAT IS YOUR DREAM 2020 AAPK CLUB KNIFE ?

Post by kootenay joe »

philco wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:33 pm If he could handle the volume I’d love to have something done by Eric (ea42). He has done some excellent work.
Good to hear. I made the same suggestion earlier in this thread but no one posted any support, until now.
kj
wlf

Post by wlf »

kootenay joe wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:19 am
philco wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:33 pm If he could handle the volume I’d love to have something done by Eric (ea42). He has done some excellent work.
Good to hear. I made the same suggestion earlier in this thread but no one posted any support, until now.
kj
I’ll vote for Eric too.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

eveled wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:08 am I’d like to see a loom fixer. Not enough of them in the world.
I’ll second that. But as far as I know no one but that chicom company makes them now a days. Oh well, it would be nice though.

While we’re dreaming though what about a CAMILLUS 72 “Whittler”! I sure wish somebody would pick that pattern back up.

Case or a nice Buck stockman would be real nice though. I’m not a big fan of GEC.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

The Camillus 72 is a 3 5/8" swell center sleeveboard pattern. The closest GEC pattern is the #33 which is 3 3/8" equal end swell center. I don't think any knife manufacturer in USA has a pattern that matches the Camillus 72.
Maybe GEC could make a new pattern based on the Camillus 72 frame ? We get the first run, then they could make a variety of blade arrangements on that frame. A new GEC pattern ::super_happy:: crowds go crazy :shock:
kj
Modern Slip Joints

Post by Modern Slip Joints »

The only thing I know about the GEC 33 pattern is what kootney joe wrote but Case's 83 swell center is closer in length to a Camillus 72. This thread would be more helpful if we were told what the options are. I suspect it is going to be one of the patterns that GEC produces for their retailers. The only pattern showing on their site's production schedule is the small 62 Congress with 2 and 3 blades.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

It’s Bryan’s decision to make, and the knife is not usually made available for sale until late in the year. So it’s kinda early to be getting too excited about it IMHO. Not sure how far in advance he has to decide what the 2020 knife will be. Meanwhile we can pontificate about it but if he wants our opinions he will ask - which I can’t recall ever happening before. And he always comes up with a dandy choice (except maybe that Churchill ::facepalm:: ).

Speculation is fun, but it’s just that - speculation. :lol:

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:09 am It’s Bryan’s decision to make, and the knife is not usually made available for sale until late in the year. So it’s kinda early to be getting too excited about it IMHO. Not sure how far in advance he has to decide what the 2020 knife will be. Meanwhile we can pontificate about it but if he wants our opinions he will ask - which I can’t recall ever happening before. And he always comes up with a dandy choice (except maybe that Churchill ::facepalm:: ).

Speculation is fun, but it’s just that - speculation. :lol:

Ken
And every year, someone gets froggy and all anticipatory and there's a thread started about what the "club" knife will be/should be. (Although I've seen this called a club many times, I wasn't aware that it is a club. I was sure it's a forum)

So what Ken said, (except for his opinion on the 35 Churchill). I didn't buy the Forum knife but I liked the knife so well that I bought two, one in Rotten Banana Bone and the other Yellow Rose. Now I'm starting to sound like the other Ken (Justold52).
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

It would be nice to have the AAPK knife be unique in some way; i.e. there is no other identical knife. So, if using an existing GEC pattern, the blade choice will be unique to the AAPK knife.
The #86 pattern just released is a 'sturdy' 3 3/4" Regular jack with 2 blades. How about a single blade version for AAPK ? The big deep clip blade would be great for a single blade knife.
kj
Onearmbladejunkie

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

GEC#23 Jumbo Trappers single blade liner-lock 4.5" closed , GEC is making two blade #23 Jumbo Trappers for knife clubs. And #23 single blades , maybe in liner-lock real soon.
879990002331100006577.jpg
81795999_2051846534961763_479945106221170688_o.jpg
Large 23s 1.jpg
23grizLL11.jpg
Onearmbladejunkie

If the AAPK member club knife is not Great Eastern Cutlery, I will pass . The 2020 GEC AAPK knife has to be in the 2020 GEC production line up. Bill Howard already has in his mind , the model knives that he wants to produce for the 2020 year. Bill Howard can always change his mind and everything is always "tight lip". No new designs have been released this years. The #62s have been redesign with the #62 carver and F&F, but that does not count. Whatever AAPK chooses , I hope it is not a basic color like years in the past. Oily Creek Sawcut , Oily Creek cougar claw jigged bone , blueberry jigged bone , autumn leaf jigged bone , RED elk , Blue river acrylic , Chocolate Almond peach-seed jigged bone , jabillo tiger wood , desert iron wood , blue sawcut bone ---- come up with some thing super cool !
MadTrapper

Post by MadTrapper »

Saddlehorn or Barlow please!
"A knife is as personal and necessary a thing as a man ever owns." Bob Loveless
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Barlow!
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Onearmbladejunkie

wlf wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:47 pm 23 with smooth ivory or white bone. I don’t understand why anyone would want another manufacturer other than GEC.

They are the premium manufacturer of antique patterns and increase in value.
All the rest are inferior....
RIGHT ON !
fb8790075443.png
fb8790075443.png (44.17 KiB) Viewed 3172 times
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

The first rule about Knife Club is there is no knife club. ::super_happy:: Put me down for a 72 Whittler, as previously stated. If Eric makes it then all the better! ::ds::

p.s. especially if he has some of that blue rope jigged bone laying around . . . ::drool:: ::drool:: ::drool::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

redrider, you, my friend, are a GENIUS!!! Probably cost prohibitive but wow that would be a great knife. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::handshake::
fishin1635
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by fishin1635 »

wlf wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:47 pm 23 with smooth ivory or white bone. I don’t understand why anyone would want another manufacturer other than GEC.

They are the premium manufacturer of antique patterns and increase in value.
All the rest are inferior....
::tu:: I'll 2nd that.
Onearmbladejunkie

I am dreaming for a 2020 AAPK GEC#74 Northfield Mustang knife. I spotted these #74 Bolsters on the GEC web-sight !
Y4T8Njw.jpg
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

*SPOILER ALERT* 🤭
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

If it is the #74, perfect. Oregon Trapper is just a smidge too big, Mustang is not.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Not likely but if Bryan were ever to decide on a #48 Improved Trapper (similar to the 2010 knife only with a Wharncliffe secondary), that would put a smile on my face.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Onearmbladejunkie

Well I emailed Bryan and my 2020 AAPK #74 knife is on pre-order. www.admin@allaboutpocketknives.net
Onearmbladejunkie

Bryan will contact us at the end of this month with all the details. It won't be long now. GEC should release the Sambar Stag #74 knives today. The other three choices were released this week. The #74 Mustang should make a nice 2020 AAPK club knife.

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”