Be a lamb, dear...

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
Tsar Bomba

Be a lamb, dear...

Post by Tsar Bomba »

Anybody getting excited over the #93 Campagna SFO lambsfoot?
#93 Real Lambfoot cc.jpg
(It's okay if you're not. That gives me a better chance of getting one. :lol: )

I'm not really feeling the sheepsfoot versions of the #93 but I've always said a good swayback frame should feature a lambsfoot blade option and I'm psyched that GEC (with Charlie's help) is coming out with it. I missed out on another forum's lambsfoot SFO to my great disappointment

I'm feeling doubly anxious because of Charlie's medical condition and I feel like it will help him recover an itty bitty bit quicker if his lambsfoot SFO is a wild success, both in construction and popularity. Charlie is a treasured member of the knife community and I greatly value his input, even if it's more muted here on AAPK than in other places.

Unfortunately, I've reached out to some dealers and sent around a few other feelers but I can't get a line on when the lambsfoot is expected, or if anyone will be offering reserves/lists for one. I feel like I'm almost putting in as much effort as I did for every TC run (missed out on a LOT) and the last NF 77 run (got wildly lucky in a lottery system) just to secure one of these bad boys. Has anybody gotten any sort of notion as to when and where we might have a chance of acquiring one?

Anyway, as always, my thoughts go to Charlie and my hopes turn towards his forthcoming SFO (and a kindly dealer who will take my name down to put my own mind at ease 8) ). Let us know what you think of the #93 lambsfoot!
XX Case XX

Re: Be a lamb, dear...

Post by XX Case XX »

Not my cup of tea. The style doesn't appeal to me. I sure hope you are able to get one though!!!! ::nod::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

I really like my Taylor's Eye Witness (Sheffield-made) one. It's a really nice pattern. And I really like the red bone--a lot better than the cellulose-acetate (shrinky-dink) material Taylor's Eye Witness uses. And undoubtedly, better steel. "Sheffield Stainless" might have been notable 100 years ago, but for me, it just doesn't hold an edge as well as more modern stainless (like 440A) would.
Onearmbladejunkie

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

I want the Northfield #93 in Cocobolo wood and the Northfield TBD jigged bone. The SFO royal camel bone looks cool too. I love the Ram's foot GEC new design blade.
879999433221111677888.jpg
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I don't know how it works for the SFO's. Does Charlie have to be involved at this point ? Or would dealers be dealing with GEC directly ?
I imagine that Charlie likes to see/handle a couple of them before they are released to make sure everything is 'just right' ?
His SFO's are always among the best of all GEC's and i'm sure he wants this to continue.
I bet 'Wlf' knows the answers to these questions.
kj
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Tsar Bomba wrote:Anybody getting excited over the #93 Campagna SFO lambsfoot?

#93 Real Lambfoot cc.jpg
(It's okay if you're not. That gives me a better chance of getting one. :lol: )

I'm not really feeling the sheepsfoot versions of the #93 but I've always said a good swayback frame should feature a lambsfoot blade option and I'm psyched that GEC (with Charlie's help) is coming out with it. I missed out on another forum's lambsfoot SFO to my great disappointment

I'm feeling doubly anxious because of Charlie's medical condition and I feel like it will help him recover an itty bitty bit quicker if his lambsfoot SFO is a wild success, both in construction and popularity. Charlie is a treasured member of the knife community and I greatly value his input, even if it's more muted here on AAPK than in other places.

Unfortunately, I've reached out to some dealers and sent around a few other feelers but I can't get a line on when the lambsfoot is expected, or if anyone will be offering reserves/lists for one. I feel like I'm almost putting in as much effort as I did for every TC run (missed out on a LOT) and the last NF 77 run (got wildly lucky in a lottery system) just to secure one of these bad boys. Has anybody gotten any sort of notion as to when and where we might have a chance of acquiring one?

Anyway, as always, my thoughts go to Charlie and my hopes turn towards his forthcoming SFO (and a kindly dealer who will take my name down to put my own mind at ease 8) ). Let us know what you think of the #93 lambsfoot!

So what is the best way to get a Charlie Campagna Knife? I saw just a few of the 97’s from some smaller dealers that recently that went too quickly to participate. Is there a Campagna website that they are available on when they come out?
SSk
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Quote: "So what is the best way to get a Charlie Campagna Knife"
Good question and even though Charlie is a friend i don't know how to get in on his SFO's. He has a website but it has not been update for a long time.
kj
Duffer

Post by Duffer »

Lambsfoots (CC SFO) shipping to dealers today Wednesday June 19th!
Lloyd
Onearmbladejunkie

_93 Real Lambfoot cc.jpg
N1D5yBk.jpg
j66YjrP.jpg
62602035_10218149239419195_4726634053531336704_n.jpg
IMG_8554.jpg
60126938_10217828842129463_9019458418548670464_n.jpg
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Where have I seen that "Real Lambfoot" etching before? I know Sheffield, but who?
Duffer

Post by Duffer »

GEC June 20, 2019
Attachments
C5A0E66D-5CF0-4B04-B9D2-A1F4759132BC.jpeg
Lloyd
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

"Where have I seen that "Real Lambfoot" etching before? "
I think "Real Lambfoot" was used by a few Sheffield manufacturers. It was deeply stamped into blade, not etched.
Here is one marked "BAXTERLD/SHEFFIELD".
kj
Attachments
IMGP6878.JPG
HighPlains

Post by HighPlains »

I think Charlie and Bill really nailed it with this one, especially the bone. It so exquisitely old-fashioned looking. And just OLD looking. I didn’t get in on early reserve and cringe to think what these will go for on secondary market.
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

cody6268 wrote:Where have I seen that "Real Lambfoot" etching before? I know Sheffield, but who?
Here's one I have.
Attachments
DSCN6954.JPG
DSCN6958.JPG
DSCN6962.JPG
Joe
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

HighPlains wrote:I think Charlie and Bill really nailed it with this one, especially the bone. It so exquisitely old-fashioned looking. And just OLD looking. I didn’t get in on early reserve and cringe to think what these will go for on secondary market.
Speaking of secondary market - there is one of each already in the AAPK store.
-Tim
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I do not recognize the name of the store with lambfoot. Do some people join AAPK just to sell knives here ?
Is this seller supplied directly from GEC ? or is he buying from authorized dealers ?
His price of $199 is not that much over the $145 GEC just sold out at. And this AAPK seller is now also sold out.
Does GEC tell dealers how much they can charge ?
kj
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

kootenay joe wrote:I do not recognize the name of the store with lambfoot. Do some people join AAPK just to sell knives here ?
Is this seller supplied directly from GEC ? or is he buying from authorized dealers ?
His price of $199 is not that much over the $145 GEC just sold out at. And this AAPK seller is now also sold out.
Does GEC tell dealers how much they can charge ?
kj

I can’t speak for him. I bought one of those that he had. In his email it sounded like he bought them just the way we could have, if we were fast enough. So he is not a dealer and therefore can charge whatever he likes. Dealers are stuck only charging what they agreed to charge, you can lose your dealer agreement doing otherwise. Not sure he charged enough, I bet these will be on EBay for 250 to 300. That’s what I would try them at.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

Received mine today, really well done unique knives, can't remember ever seeing a lambfoot from an American knife company.
Attachments
IMG_0462.jpg
IMG_0464.jpg
IMG_0466.jpg
IMG_0471.jpg
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Those look Great ! The jigged bone is a real Standout !
Charlie has an excellent sense of design. His knives are always the best of a GEC pattern.
Anyone know if this pattern was originally designed to trim lamb hooves ? Or was it given this name because it is a narrow Sheepsfoot profile ?
kj
Onearmbladejunkie

Three weeks ago I cantacted all of the Waynorth Dealers with no success. 6/26/2019 I received an email invoice Pay-Pal notice for the "Charlie" Dark Chestnut peach-seed bone Lambs foot knife. I think I save $5 too. I planned not to buy this knife , but it seemed like fate . I changed my mind and I snagged it ! Thank You Jesus !
Attachments
62602035_10218149239419195_4726634053531336704_n.jpg
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Onearmbladejunkie wrote:Three weeks ago I cantacted all of the Waynorth Dealers with no success. 6/26/2019 I received an email invoice Pay-Pal notice for the "Charlie" Dark Chestnut peach-seed bone Lambs foot knife. I think I save $5 too. I planned not to buy this knife , but it seemed like fate . I changed my mind and I snagged it ! Thank You Jesus !
Well snagged!!!
m0nk

Post by m0nk »

Onearmbladejunkie wrote:Three weeks ago I cantacted all of the Waynorth Dealers with no success. 6/26/2019 I received an email invoice Pay-Pal notice for the "Charlie" Dark Chestnut peach-seed bone Lambs foot knife. I think I save $5 too. I planned not to buy this knife , but it seemed like fate . I changed my mind and I snagged it ! Thank You Jesus !
Kenny,

That's an amazing story, it must have been meant to be! From every pic I've seen, the dark chestnut bone came out as advertised on this one. Keep it and use it, or pass it along, either way it's a win-win for you.

- Lee
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

93 CC Lambs foot B.jpg
-Tim
Duffer

Post by Duffer »

That is a dandy FarSide ::tu::