GEC Fractured Stag Handles

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
kootenay joe

Re: GEC Fractured Stag Handles

Post by kootenay joe »

Well said T.B. A good summation.
kj
BAX229

Re: GEC Fractured Stag Handles

Post by BAX229 »

Tsar Bomba wrote:This is a long thread, I've been gone for a bit, and JohnR/kootenay joe have basically said my peace for me. I will just add that, on many knives - particularly German or British stag folders - the thicker and knobbier stag will occasionally show up with "natural" cracks like that which, to me, don't always detract from the aesthetics of the knife. While we expect near-perfection from GEC for the dollars we pay for their stag knives, other premium cutlers have shipped knives with worse cracking than the OP knife for years. I think discretion should have made this knife potentially a second (to keep any customers happy, no matter how discerning) but I don't know if I can fault them for shipping as a first to the level I see in this thread.

As always, JMNSHO & YMMV. 8)
I feel we are beating a dead horse...new knives with fractured handles are defects...factory seconds.

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”