GEC # 97

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: GEC # 97

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Stephen wrote:You are very welcome. I've been buying GEC kives from TSA for years.
The owner, Greg, is a very good guy.
He delivers quickly and if you have a problem, he can be easily contacted by email or phone and he'll resolve any issues fairly.
I couldn’t believe that within minutes of the confirmation email I got a shipping notification. Fantastic. Thank you again.
Mark
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

GEC Stag 97 just hit Knives Ship Free
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

My email from KSF about Stag 97's came in at 1523 hrs. I did not see it until 45 minutes later and expected all would be long gone. But there were still about 15 ? left including one i rather like. Then even with my Slow Speed internet i was able to checkout successfully.
Did KSF receive a very large shipment ? Or is the demand slacking a bit as other dealers have had these for up to 1 week ?
kj
Attachments
gec-97-stag-a-29__39349.1555624858.jpg
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

kootenay joe wrote:My email from KSF about Stag 97's came in at 1523 hrs. I did not see it until 45 minutes later and expected all would be long gone. But there were still about 15 ? left including one i rather like. Then even with my Slow Speed internet i was able to checkout successfully.
Did KSF receive a very large shipment ? Or is the demand slacking a bit as other dealers have had these for up to 1 week ?
kj

I didn’t see if for an hour and missed this one too. RATS!
SSk
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

There will be Stag 97's sold on secondary market here at AAPK for reasonable prices. Because there is no time to carefully select the stag that looks 'just right', some of the successful buyers will be a bit disappointed and will 'pass along' their knife.
Well, i think this is what will happen.
kj
boykinlp

Post by boykinlp »

kootenay joe wrote:Because there is no time to carefully select the stag that looks 'just right', some of the successful buyers will be a bit disappointed and will 'pass along' their knife.
kj
I ordered one from CK today. Like kootenay joe wrote, you can't take a long time to decide. I think (hope) I got a nice one, but who knows? There is no way I was going to take the time to save pictures. I would be afraid someone else would buy it while I was taking the extra time to do it. I thought I might be able to hit the back arrow to go back to the pics, but that did not work.:( I will post them when I get it in.
Larry
Larry

Each one, teach one.
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

kootenay joe wrote:My email from KSF about Stag 97's came in at 1523 hrs. I did not see it until 45 minutes later and expected all would be long gone. But there were still about 15 ? left including one i rather like. Then even with my Slow Speed internet i was able to checkout successfully.
kj

Nice one Roland, I almost bought that one but decided I really did not need 2. They all went in less than 2 hours so I don't think demand has slackened.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

UPDATE: I just received a call from Charles at KSF. The Stag 97 i paid for and received confirmation of the sale, is going elsewhere. I think while i was going through the checkout which is slow with the internet speed we have here, someone else checked it out faster.
He has offered me a different Stag 97 which is nice but not as appealing to me as the one i 'bought'. Or i could get a refund.
Not sure what i should do. Quite likely this is the only chance i will get for a Stag 97.
I have to decide quickly. Darn.
kj
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Buy it, receive it, inspect it, and keep it if you like it.
If not, put it up for sale and I'm certain that you'll
make a profit regardless of your opinion of its appearance.
I have a 97 stag enroute that I "bought blind" from 'Circle A Knives
that I intend to handle in the above fashion.
Good luck.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Question: How long does it take you to go from item in cart at KSF to completed checkout with PP ?
kj
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Fyi: I was attempting to buy the same knife that you thought that you actually bought when I lost out.
I usually can make a purchase via PayPal in about 60 seconds.
I just didn't get started fast enough.
I had planned to buy the one from KSF
and then compare it to the one that I have enroute from Circle A and then to keep the one that I would have liked best and sell the other.
KJ: do you have any mammoth ivory
knives that you would sell?
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Frank's Classic Knives now has the 97
Yellow Rose in stock.
Frank is a wonderful person. He
has great prices and provides prompt
delivery.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Stephen, thank you for advice to: buy it/inspect it/sell it if not happy. It is what i needed to hear and what i have done.
With the slow internet and time checkout completed as deciding factor i am at a disadvantage when demand is strong.
kj
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

I received the 97 stag today that I "bought blind" off of eBay from Circle A Knives.
I'm very happy with it.
Nice, fat stag with lots of character.
Sides match fairly well.
Fairly easy pull but I'm good with that.
Nice transaction.
Good service, beautiful knife.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Stephen, no to mammoth knives for sale at this point.
How about pictures of your Stag 97 ?
kj
boykinlp

Post by boykinlp »

kootenay joe wrote:How about pictures of your Stag 97 ?
kj
I’ll second that.:)
Larry

Each one, teach one.
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Sorry but I've never learned how to post pictures. It has been explained to me several times by members here but I just can't figure out how to do it.
Thanks for your interest in viewing it, however.
big monk

Post by big monk »

Hey Stephen __ any interest in the three bottom ones,photo below** -- Mammoth Ivory re-handles by Muskrat Man ?? __ Monk :)

#23 GEC and two #73 GEC -- the bare head #73 has "flat bolsters" ___ choice $175 shipped or better if you want them all :)

""END_CAP #73 SOLD pending funds****
Attachments
IMG_2764 (2).JPG
IMG_2767 (2).JPG
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

Received my stag and love it, very well made knife and the best action of the 3 I have so far, just waiting on the yellow rose to be delivered.
Attachments
IMG_0128.jpg
IMG_0134.jpg
IMG_0137.jpg
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Monk:
Thank you for your thoughtful offer.
Having read that KJ didn't have any mammoth available, I bought a
Tuna Valley Cattleman # 538 from Frank's. Anyone interested in checking it out can view
it on Frank's site.
This retiree is financially tapped out for now.
I hope all is well with you and yours.
Happy Easter.
Best,
Stephen :)
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

John i like stag too. Nicely hafted, not too thick but just thick enough to feel good in hand.
kj
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

People should be snapping up Monk's offer of mammoth GEC knife for $175 ::woot::
An affordable mammoth GEC is a rare knife.
kj
big monk

Post by big monk »

Roland -- mailed your knife this morning -- END_CAP #73 is SOLD !!! Thanks ::tu::
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
boykinlp

Post by boykinlp »

Got my Stag #97 today and I am very happy. I think the stag is fantastic. To me, it is the best of both worlds, while it has a lot of character, it is also fairly thin.:) The pull is pretty good too. It snaps to half stop, to open , and to closed. For the cherry on top of the sundae, it also came with a button.:D My pictures diffently don't do it justice. Here it is:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Larry

Each one, teach one.
fishin1635
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by fishin1635 »

Nice Stag!