GEC 06 Pemberton’s in at KSF

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
Rotten
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: GEC 06 Pemberton’s in at KSF

Postby Rotten » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:51 pm

Just arrived. It's my first Templar. I like it, a lot.
IMG_20190304_134519837.jpg
2019 #06 Templar Crusader Acrylic

IMG_20190304_134511290.jpg
2019 #06 Templar Crusader Acrylic
Trace

Tsar Bomba

Postby Tsar Bomba » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:52 am

TraditionalPocketknives has the acrylic Templars in stock as of today. I had to get the set... ::facepalm::
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow

m0nk

Postby m0nk » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:43 am

Tsar Bomba wrote:TraditionalPocketknives has the acrylic Templars in stock as of today. I had to get the set... ::facepalm::

You *had* to get the set. I'm glad I don't have such a compulsive urge to buy knives! Must be a terrible affliction. ::teary_eyes::

So here's my contribution to the Pemberton photo roundup. I really like this little knife! The jigging is smooth to the touch, no cheese grater feel here.
blue_06_1.jpg

Here's a comparison of smalls, the Pemberton next to a Case Peanut. Nearly the same size and blade lengths. The Peanut gave me an appreciation for small pocket knives, which set me up for the Pemberton.
pemberton_peanut_comp_1.jpg

Now for a comparison of the #6 main spear with a #14 spear and a #78 pen blade, just for fun:
spear_pen_06-14-78_comp.jpg

Finally, here's a large, medium, and tiny sheepsfoot comparison:
sheepsfoot_comp_06.jpg

Does anyone know the historical reason for having a tiny sheepsfoot on a pocketknife, or what it was classically used for?

- Lee

Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby Sharpnshinyknives » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:06 pm

m0nk wrote:
Tsar Bomba wrote:TraditionalPocketknives has the acrylic Templars in stock as of today. I had to get the set... ::facepalm::

You *had* to get the set. I'm glad I don't have such a compulsive urge to buy knives! Must be a terrible affliction. ::teary_eyes::

So here's my contribution to the Pemberton photo roundup. I really like this little knife! The jigging is smooth to the touch, no cheese grater feel here.
blue_06_1.jpg

Here's a comparison of smalls, the Pemberton next to a Case Peanut. Nearly the same size and blade lengths. The Peanut gave me an appreciation for small pocket knives, which set me up for the Pemberton.
pemberton_peanut_comp_1.jpg

Now for a comparison of the #6 main spear with a #14 spear and a #78 pen blade, just for fun:
spear_pen_06-14-78_comp.jpg

Finally, here's a large, medium, and tiny sheepsfoot comparison:
sheepsfoot_comp_06.jpg

Does anyone know the historical reason for having a tiny sheepsfoot on a pocketknife, or what it was classically used for?

- Lee

Lee, I think that is a blade made for whittling. Nice side by sides. My Pemberton’s seem bigger than a peanut but after seeing your photo’s I realize that it isn’t. It must be the blade width that makes it seem that way.
SSk

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby doglegg » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:16 pm

Thanks for the parade Monk. That is some great comparisons of some great looking knives. ::nod:: ::tu::

m0nk

Postby m0nk » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:17 am

Sharpnshinyknives wrote:Lee, I think that is a blade made for whittling. Nice side by sides. My Pemberton’s seem bigger than a peanut but after seeing your photo’s I realize that it isn’t. It must be the blade width that makes it seem that way.
SSk

Thanks! Yes, the Peanut is a slimmer knife with a narrower blade so I'd say the Pemberton is more knife even though frame and blade lengths are the same as a Peanut. I thought I was tired of spear blades but I see this little Pem spear kind of like a broad pen blade. I like it even more than I thought I would.

doglegg wrote:Thanks for the parade Monk. That is some great comparisons of some great looking knives. ::nod:: ::tu::

Glad you liked it! Oddly enough, I still don't think I have the "right" sheepsfoot for every occasion. I just don't like to carry a stockman all the time, there's something about each of the frame shapes I have that I don't like. Hopefully GEC will make more small frame sheepsfoot knives soon. Like another 14 or 15 with sheepsfoot main. I know lots were made in the past and people are probably tired of them, but I missed out on those runs.

- Lee

rugmar

Postby rugmar » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:01 am

I have to say, I'm not too pleased with mine. I bought the 06 Blue handle with the two blades with the Tidioute shield. I failed to look at the size before I purchased and have no one to blame but myself. I think the quality is nice but certainly should be considering the price for such a small knife. I'll throw it in the collection but I'm not impressed.

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”