GEC 06 Pemberton’s in at KSF

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
kootenay joe

Re: GEC 06 Pemberton’s in at KSF

Post by kootenay joe »

You are coming to GEC right when this new knife, the #06, is about the only one in the last few years that all of us 'regulars' are not super enthusiastic about. This is based on looks & small size. However the GEC standard of fit & finish is superb, likely the best you have ever seen/experienced.
Expect the GEC 'bug' to be far more virulent than the Case bug.
kj
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

Olde Towne Cutlery Has a good articular on the GEC Pattern # 06 Pemberton & the Coke Cola Connection
Gary
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

KSF has the linen Micarta available now. 02/01
SSk
Attachments
gec-06-pemberton-muslin-micarta__96790.1549051820.jpg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Eye Brand Man

Post by Eye Brand Man »

This is the first knife from gec that I have not reserved in awhile. I don't mind the looks but 2-3/4" is just too small to get my juices flowing.
Eye Brand Collector
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

[quote="Eye

I like the looks of this Micarta one better than I thought. Like it better than the blue bone and that’s a surprise.
I reserved a stag one blade and a stag two blade. I betting those will be a lot more appealing.
SSk
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
robbobus
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by robbobus »

IMG_20190131_140046.jpg
Here's the Pemberton alongside some other smalls grom Great Eastern While I've never carried mine, the 18s see the pocket. They are all great for their purpose. Might not field dress a bear with one, but opening upba package or mail they excell.
NapalmSloth

Post by NapalmSloth »

Just received my 06 Pemberton in blue jig bone. It is small, but not any smaller than my Case Butterbean.
I have a feeling this little guy will get a lot of pocket time.
Attachments
69A3DD36-0601-4315-88DE-2665B3ADDAA2.jpeg
"Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option." Mark Twain
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

NapalmSloth wrote:Just received my 06 Pemberton in blue jig bone. It is small, but not any smaller than my Case Butterbean.
I have a feeling this little guy will get a lot of pocket time.
Great looking knives! That Pemberton certainly does fit right in.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Traditional Pocket Knives has this in a smooth natural white bone. Just got the email minutes ago and already ordered. Single blade, no 2 blades.
SSk

Added a picture from their website.
Attachments
s249847959340461643_p1044_i7_w160.jpeg
s249847959340461643_p1044_i7_w160.jpeg (23.22 KiB) Viewed 3785 times
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

The stag’s are hitting soon. Gunstock Jack’s already sold out. CK has their allotment and will be posting pics soon for those who early reserved.
SSk

KSF just emailed that they have the white smooth bone in stock NOW!
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Stag Pemberton’s are in at CK right now!
SSk
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

CK is still showing that 2 stag are available this morning. Mike also said in his email that he has another batch coming on Tuesday for those who missed the first go round. Just FYI.
SSk
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Whereas i like pen knives which often are small, i don't really like very small jacks. The Pemberton is 2 3/4" which is very small for a jack. I call 3" jack "small" and 4" or more "large". Hence i have not been trying to get one. That said, the smooth white bone does look very attractive. Maybe someone will flip me one cause they are all gone.
What a nut i am. Start the post 'nah, not for me' and end it asking for a flipper. I have the 'knife illness' bad.
kj
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

kootenay joe wrote:Whereas i like pen knives which often are small, i don't really like very small jacks. The Pemberton is 2 3/4" which is very small for a jack. I call 3" jack "small" and 4" or more "large". Hence i have not been trying to get one. That said, the smooth white bone does look very attractive. Maybe someone will flip me one cause they are all gone.
What a nut i am. Start the post 'nah, not for me' and end it asking for a flipper. I have the 'knife illness' bad.
kj

Roland, I thought the same thing, they are very small but I had the opportunity to buy the white bone and did, too hard to resist.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I just received a KSF mail out: More stag Pembertons available. So of course i had to have a look. At the end of the Stag knives was a listing for a Pemberton with "Smooth White Bone". So i bought one. They still have a few more.
Many of the Stag knives are well hafted with nice thin Stag. Very tempting but i think the Smooth White Bone is exceptional. Some of them have no brown dots showing and look similar to ivory. Hope i get one of these 'almost ivory' ones.
kj
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Got my stag one today. I like it. Wish it had a shield, that would have put it over the top.
SSk
Attachments
IMG_5219.jpeg
IMG_5220.jpeg
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

The two blades are hitting the shelves. Looks like a rollout just like the one blade, starting w/ the Micarta ones first.
SSk
Ajd3530

Post by Ajd3530 »

Recieved my stag Pemberton yesterday, and it is undoubtedly the finest stag I have ever owned. Look at this ridhes on the pile side!!
Attachments
2019-02-15_02-46-11.jpg
2019-02-15_02-45-23.jpg
2019-02-15_02-48-14.jpg
2019-02-15_02-46-51.jpg
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Very nice Stag on both of these Pembertons Ssk & Ajd.
I just picked up my smooth white bone Pemberton. Very nice but very small. I think of it as 'office workers EDC'. It would be a better knife with a clip blade.
kj
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

2 blade blue bone and Micarta already out. White smooth bone is next then sambar stag. Such exciting times we live in!
SSk
m0nk

Post by m0nk »

Anyone receive a new 2-blade Pemberton yet? I'd like to know the lengths of the blades, and if possible, comparison pics. I'm curious how the sheepsfoot blade looks compared to say, the sheepsfoot on a Buck 303. And how the main spear compares to the pen blade on a 78 or 44.

Anyone have use experience with a small sheepsfoot like this one? How useful is such a small sheepsfoot, and do you find yourself reaching for it very often compared to a larger sheepsfoot?

-Lee
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

m0nk wrote:Anyone receive a new 2-blade Pemberton yet? I'd like to know the lengths of the blades, and if possible, comparison pics. I'm curious how the sheepsfoot blade looks compared to say, the sheepsfoot on a Buck 303. And how the main spear compares to the pen blade on a 78 or 44.

Anyone have use experience with a small sheepsfoot like this one? How useful is such a small sheepsfoot, and do you find yourself reaching for it very often compared to a larger sheepsfoot?

-Lee

Monk, from what I saw the sheepsfoot is 1.65 inches and the main blade is 2.25 inches in length. You are right, that is pretty small. But no smaller than most sheepsfoot blades on a small congress. I think that would be your comparison. I haven’t seen many sheepsfoot blades worn out on small congress knives, so I am guessing, it’s not all that useable or you would see a lot more wear on older ones that have been used. Of course, whittling and wood carving isn’t widely practiced so that may account for it too.
SSk
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

I'm really liking the looks of the spear bladeon the two blade. ::tu::
Attachments
IMG_7419.jpg
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
m0nk

Post by m0nk »

gsmith7158 wrote:I'm really liking the looks of the spear bladeon the two blade. ::tu::

Me too. The 2016 run of #14's also had a swedged spear and I really like mine. I think a dark gray evenly forced patina would look great on the blades against the white bone. With a highly polished ribbon along the sharpened edge. If only it were a sheepsfoot main with a pen secondary! ::hmm::
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

2 Blade smooth white bone available at KSF today.
SSk

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”