GEC 06 Pemberton’s in at KSF

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
Rotten
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:47 am
Location: Texas panhandle

Re: GEC 06 Pemberton’s in at KSF

Postby Rotten » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:51 pm

Just arrived. It's my first Templar. I like it, a lot.
IMG_20190304_134519837.jpg
2019 #06 Templar Crusader Acrylic

IMG_20190304_134511290.jpg
2019 #06 Templar Crusader Acrylic
Trace

User avatar
Tsar Bomba
Posts: 3236
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:14 am

Re: GEC 06 Pemberton’s in at KSF

Postby Tsar Bomba » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:52 am

TraditionalPocketknives has the acrylic Templars in stock as of today. I had to get the set... ::facepalm::
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow

User avatar
m0nk
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:31 am
Location: Central Texas

Re: GEC 06 Pemberton’s in at KSF

Postby m0nk » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:43 am

Tsar Bomba wrote:TraditionalPocketknives has the acrylic Templars in stock as of today. I had to get the set... ::facepalm::


You *had* to get the set. I'm glad I don't have such a compulsive urge to buy knives! Must be a terrible affliction. ::teary_eyes::

So here's my contribution to the Pemberton photo roundup. I really like this little knife! The jigging is smooth to the touch, no cheese grater feel here.
blue_06_1.jpg


Here's a comparison of smalls, the Pemberton next to a Case Peanut. Nearly the same size and blade lengths. The Peanut gave me an appreciation for small pocket knives, which set me up for the Pemberton.
pemberton_peanut_comp_1.jpg


Now for a comparison of the #6 main spear with a #14 spear and a #78 pen blade, just for fun:
spear_pen_06-14-78_comp.jpg


Finally, here's a large, medium, and tiny sheepsfoot comparison:
sheepsfoot_comp_06.jpg


Does anyone know the historical reason for having a tiny sheepsfoot on a pocketknife, or what it was classically used for?

- Lee

User avatar
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 1819
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:32 am
Location: Indiana
Contact:

Re: GEC 06 Pemberton’s in at KSF

Postby Sharpnshinyknives » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:06 pm

m0nk wrote:
Tsar Bomba wrote:TraditionalPocketknives has the acrylic Templars in stock as of today. I had to get the set... ::facepalm::


You *had* to get the set. I'm glad I don't have such a compulsive urge to buy knives! Must be a terrible affliction. ::teary_eyes::

So here's my contribution to the Pemberton photo roundup. I really like this little knife! The jigging is smooth to the touch, no cheese grater feel here.
blue_06_1.jpg

Here's a comparison of smalls, the Pemberton next to a Case Peanut. Nearly the same size and blade lengths. The Peanut gave me an appreciation for small pocket knives, which set me up for the Pemberton.
pemberton_peanut_comp_1.jpg

Now for a comparison of the #6 main spear with a #14 spear and a #78 pen blade, just for fun:
spear_pen_06-14-78_comp.jpg

Finally, here's a large, medium, and tiny sheepsfoot comparison:
sheepsfoot_comp_06.jpg

Does anyone know the historical reason for having a tiny sheepsfoot on a pocketknife, or what it was classically used for?

- Lee


Lee, I think that is a blade made for whittling. Nice side by sides. My Pemberton’s seem bigger than a peanut but after seeing your photo’s I realize that it isn’t. It must be the blade width that makes it seem that way.
SSk
SSk (Mark)
“As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.” Proverbs

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 6033
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:35 am
Location: Grand Prairie, Texas

Re: GEC 06 Pemberton’s in at KSF

Postby doglegg » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:16 pm

Thanks for the parade Monk. That is some great comparisons of some great looking knives. ::nod:: ::tu::

User avatar
m0nk
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:31 am
Location: Central Texas

Re: GEC 06 Pemberton’s in at KSF

Postby m0nk » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:17 am

Sharpnshinyknives wrote:Lee, I think that is a blade made for whittling. Nice side by sides. My Pemberton’s seem bigger than a peanut but after seeing your photo’s I realize that it isn’t. It must be the blade width that makes it seem that way.
SSk


Thanks! Yes, the Peanut is a slimmer knife with a narrower blade so I'd say the Pemberton is more knife even though frame and blade lengths are the same as a Peanut. I thought I was tired of spear blades but I see this little Pem spear kind of like a broad pen blade. I like it even more than I thought I would.

doglegg wrote:Thanks for the parade Monk. That is some great comparisons of some great looking knives. ::nod:: ::tu::


Glad you liked it! Oddly enough, I still don't think I have the "right" sheepsfoot for every occasion. I just don't like to carry a stockman all the time, there's something about each of the frame shapes I have that I don't like. Hopefully GEC will make more small frame sheepsfoot knives soon. Like another 14 or 15 with sheepsfoot main. I know lots were made in the past and people are probably tired of them, but I missed out on those runs.

- Lee

rugmar
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:45 pm
Location: Central NC

Re: GEC 06 Pemberton’s in at KSF

Postby rugmar » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:01 am

I have to say, I'm not too pleased with mine. I bought the 06 Blue handle with the two blades with the Tidioute shield. I failed to look at the size before I purchased and have no one to blame but myself. I think the quality is nice but certainly should be considering the price for such a small knife. I'll throw it in the collection but I'm not impressed.

Onearmbladejunkie
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:23 pm
Contact:

Re: GEC 06 Pemberton’s in at KSF

Postby Onearmbladejunkie » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:01 am

JSR Sports & More has a fresh batch of #06 Pemberton knives . These #06 knives are left overs from Rendezvous 2019. I bought an #06 Pemberton white bone wharncliffe single blade. JSR Sports & More has 6 different #06 Pemberton knives to choose from at the original low release date price. I missed the white bone #06, but I got one coming in the mail now.


Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Log Cabin Knives and 4 guests