What Knife Would You Like GEC To Make ?

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: What Knife Would You Like GEC To Make ?

Post by Railsplitter » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:26 pm

kootenay joe wrote:Log cabin, thanks for showing me a Clasp knife. Schrade made a few in 1976 and i am familiar with those. I find this pattern too big to be very useful. Perhaps they are more intended for show with etches & scrimshaw ?
I would like to see a Norfolk pattern, pen knife & whittler as GEC made for Northwoods about 8 ? years ago. I think this frame has never been used for a GEC branded knife.
kj
Roland, was the Northwoods Norfolk made by GEC? I always thought it was a Queen made knife like the Winchester 2935.
Attachments
norfolkbanner.jpg
2935 1.jpg
2935 2.jpg
Rick T.

kootenay joe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kootenay joe » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:35 pm

Rick i too had thought the Norfolk was Queen made but i was 'corrected' that it was made by GEC.
So i just went to KSF, Northwoods Archives, and in description of the Norfolk pen knife it says: "Northwoods contracted with Great Eastern to make this special pattern. 3 ¼” closed".
Solved: GEC did make the Norfolk. Maybe they borrowed the dies for this pattern from Queen as we have never seen GEC make this pattern again ?
kj
ps, now i am on the look out for a Queen made Norfolk, Winchester, or any others they might have made. Great looking Winchester Norfolk. jigged bone handles ?

Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:46 pm

kootenay joe wrote:Rick i too had thought the Norfolk was Queen made but i was 'corrected' that it was made by GEC.
So i just went to KSF, Northwoods Archives, and in description of the Norfolk pen knife it says: "Northwoods contracted with Great Eastern to make this special pattern. 3 ¼” closed".
Solved: GEC did make the Norfolk. Maybe they borrowed the dies for this pattern from Queen as we have never seen GEC make this pattern again ?
kj
ps, now i am on the look out for a Queen made Norfolk, Winchester, or any others they might have made. Great looking Winchester Norfolk. jigged bone handles ?
OK thanks, Roland. That clears that up.

I copied those Winchester pictures from "The Cutting Edge" catalog but I do believe the handles are jigged bone.
Rick T.

Onearmbladejunkie
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Onearmbladejunkie » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:14 pm

Future GEC knives made in smooth "amber orange" bone and smooth honey bone would be nice too.
upload_2019-9-25_7-55-6.png
ABZsVw6.jpg
6577890554442311169.png

kootenay joe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kootenay joe » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:34 pm

I too like a smooth bone with an orange 'glow'.
kj

Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:09 am

I'd love to see a trapper aka the old Schrade's with an outlandishly EXTREME (but awesome) swedge grind like we just never ever see anymore ...
schrade trapper.jpg
schrade trapper.jpg2.jpg
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John

WillyCamaro
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by WillyCamaro » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:11 am

I second that John ::tu:: . At least they pulled it off on the #97 knives. Just full blade swedge, on both sides, not halfway up like that (beautiful) Schrade. I think it would look great on a stockman also, maybe the #82 frame, secondary blades, with different main blade …. Something like the #14 (Lick Creek Boys) ect.
We need to watch and see if they decide to jump on this idea (maybe talk to GEC about it???).
Willy :D
"Those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it" - Winston Churchill
"Four Queens; that'll beat just about any hand going! Sweet!!" - Steve Warden

Onearmbladejunkie
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Onearmbladejunkie » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:02 pm

I want a single blade #22 knife. Cocobolo wood , Sambar Stag , Oily Creek bone , Antique Golden rod camel bone , Honey bone ,and Navy Blue/sapphire blue/turquoise acrylic would be really cool with me !
221214ec-Cocobolo-Wood1.jpg

1967redrider
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by 1967redrider » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:29 am

Check this out, just saw this on Twitter.
Attachments
IMG_20191104_192740.jpg
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

kootenay joe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kootenay joe » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:11 pm

Is that the new #86 jack ?
Do you know if there will be a single blade version ?
kj

Rotten
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rotten » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:29 pm

kootenay joe wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:11 pm
Is that the new #86 jack ?
Do you know if there will be a single blade version ?
kj
According to their production schedule the only single blade 86 was the bladeforums SFO.
Trace

kootenay joe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kootenay joe » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:39 pm

O.K., thanks. An SFO for BF will be hard to get for any non BF member.
I think GEC should do a single blade version every time they do a run of 2 blade jacks. Why not ? It does not involve any extra set up and i am sure many of us would buy both the 2 blade and single blade versions.
kj

Onearmbladejunkie
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Onearmbladejunkie » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:50 am

GEC will be making a Trapper knife run in 2020. I got this info from the Oregon Knife Collectors Association. I want a 3 2/3" to 4 1/2" Trapper knife with a liner lock. I wish GEC would consider using honey bone , Oily Creek cougar clawed jigged bone , Oily Creek Barnboard jigged bone , Antique Goldenrod Camel bone , Blueberry wavy Rogers jigged bone , Dark Blue Camel bone , Chocolate Almond wavy Rogers jigged bone , Chocolate Almond Barnboard jigged bone , Blue River acrylic , Cocobolo wood , African Blackwood , Gabon Ebony wood , curly bloodwood , Barky Rams horn , or RED Elk ! I am hoping for a super special Trapper run in 2020.

Breeze

Post by Breeze » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:07 pm

I'd like to see a copperhead. I like the design and would like to have one by GEC. And since GEC mostly eschews sunken joints, this would be perfect for them :o
Mike

KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:57 pm

Breeze wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:07 pm
I'd like to see a copperhead. I like the design and would like to have one by GEC. And since GEC mostly eschews sunken joints, this would be perfect for them :o
The 65 ben hogan is a copperhead.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded schrades and Schrade Cut Co cattle and stockman knives, in good condition.

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”