What Knife Would You Like GEC To Make ?

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: What Knife Would You Like GEC To Make ?

Post by Railsplitter » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:26 pm

kootenay joe wrote:Log cabin, thanks for showing me a Clasp knife. Schrade made a few in 1976 and i am familiar with those. I find this pattern too big to be very useful. Perhaps they are more intended for show with etches & scrimshaw ?
I would like to see a Norfolk pattern, pen knife & whittler as GEC made for Northwoods about 8 ? years ago. I think this frame has never been used for a GEC branded knife.
kj
Roland, was the Northwoods Norfolk made by GEC? I always thought it was a Queen made knife like the Winchester 2935.
Attachments
norfolkbanner.jpg
2935 1.jpg
2935 2.jpg
Rick T.
My Uncle owns a Red Barchetta.

kootenay joe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kootenay joe » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:35 pm

Rick i too had thought the Norfolk was Queen made but i was 'corrected' that it was made by GEC.
So i just went to KSF, Northwoods Archives, and in description of the Norfolk pen knife it says: "Northwoods contracted with Great Eastern to make this special pattern. 3 ¼” closed".
Solved: GEC did make the Norfolk. Maybe they borrowed the dies for this pattern from Queen as we have never seen GEC make this pattern again ?
kj
ps, now i am on the look out for a Queen made Norfolk, Winchester, or any others they might have made. Great looking Winchester Norfolk. jigged bone handles ?

Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:46 pm

kootenay joe wrote:Rick i too had thought the Norfolk was Queen made but i was 'corrected' that it was made by GEC.
So i just went to KSF, Northwoods Archives, and in description of the Norfolk pen knife it says: "Northwoods contracted with Great Eastern to make this special pattern. 3 ¼” closed".
Solved: GEC did make the Norfolk. Maybe they borrowed the dies for this pattern from Queen as we have never seen GEC make this pattern again ?
kj
ps, now i am on the look out for a Queen made Norfolk, Winchester, or any others they might have made. Great looking Winchester Norfolk. jigged bone handles ?
OK thanks, Roland. That clears that up.

I copied those Winchester pictures from "The Cutting Edge" catalog but I do believe the handles are jigged bone.
Rick T.
My Uncle owns a Red Barchetta.

Onearmbladejunkie
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Onearmbladejunkie » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:14 pm

Future GEC knives made in smooth "amber orange" bone and smooth honey bone would be nice too.
upload_2019-9-25_7-55-6.png
ABZsVw6.jpg
6577890554442311169.png

kootenay joe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kootenay joe » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:34 pm

I too like a smooth bone with an orange 'glow'.
kj

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”