What Knife Would You Like GEC To Make ?

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
Onearmbladejunkie

Re: What Knife Would You Like GEC To Make ?

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

Looks like Collectorknives.net will be ordering some more GEC#77 Barlow knives !
IMG_8761.jpg
Thunderwood

Post by Thunderwood »

72 spear. My grail knife.
Onearmbladejunkie

(#22 magnum - single blade) (#23 Bull lock -Trapper liner lock) (#25 easy open little jack) (#42 Missouri Trader Lock back) (#43 Oregon Trader LB) (#44 Buffalo single blade) (#47 Viper) (#55 Hounds tooth) (#56 Bird dog - weaver Jack OE) (#63 Fishtail) (#64 Babylon Hill Special LB SG) (#65 Ben Hogan 1865 LB) (#72 mini lock-back hunter) (#73 Scout LL) (#74 Cotton sampler) (#77 Barlow - single blade) (#78 American Jack single blade) (#83 Tascosa lock-back) (#85 Bullet End Jack EO) ( #86 single blade( (#92 Talon) (#97 Allegheny LB SG) (#99 Wall Street LB)
Log Cabin Knives

Post by Log Cabin Knives »

I was just thinking about this subject and I'd like to see GEC make a Clasp knife. I know they would make a great one and I'm sure it would be a big hit with fans. I know I would buy one. Would anybody else? Rich
Onearmbladejunkie

Early next year I want to see another #93 Rams Foot knife run. The #93 Rams Foot will make the best club and forum knives. I want to see a #93 in barky rams horn too.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Hi Log, what do you mean by "Clasp knife" ? like a Case Sod Buster ? or ?? Post a picture that might be similar to what you are thing of.
kj
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Onearmbladejunkie wrote:Looks like AAPK is pulling a sneak on us. I hope they offer this knife after the 3rd. They always wait till the last of the year. Smooth Oily Creek bone would of been a cooler choice. 26A-513x1024.jpg
What the heck does a 976 look like. I've searched the web site with no results.

And I finally came up with a wish knife. I won't get any support on this but I'd like to see them make a Coffin Jack like the Winchester 2921 with fancy bolsters.
Attachments
All Three.jpg
All Three.jpg (53.66 KiB) Viewed 5197 times
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Log Cabin Knives

Post by Log Cabin Knives »

Hey KJ, I guess my idea of a Clasp knife would be the same frame as Case's Bulldog/Buffalo Knives. About 5 1/2" closed and almost 10" open. For scaling purposes attached is a pix of a Case Bulldog next to a GEC Missouri. (sorry about the pix, in dog years my camera is older than me!)::handshake:: .....p.s. I like Jerry's idea of a Coffin design too!
DSCN1199.JPG
DSCN1200.JPG
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Onearmbladejunkie wrote:Early next year I want to see another #93 Rams Foot knife run. The #93 Rams Foot will make the best club and forum knives. I want to see a #93 in barky rams horn too.
::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Rotten

Post by Rotten »

A faithful clone of the Camillus 716 with the double lockback and bolster.
Or maybe even better base it around the Farm & Field #21 Bull Buster. I already have a Mudbug in my accumulation, just needs another blade and lock.
Blade combinations could be varied to give greatest usability.

Pie in the sky dreams for this knife would be
D2 or better steel with stainless liners, springs, pins.
And jigged micarta to give it better grip during wet work. Some of the jigged micarta I have found pics of show that it can be done very nicely.
Trace
Onearmbladejunkie

Tsar Bomba wrote:I only have one wish left that GEC hasn't fulfilled - the granddaddy Barlow. :mrgreen:
A GEC#97 Grand Daddy Barlow 4 3/4"closed (Oily Creek Bone saw cut) !
Onearmbladejunkie

I would love to see some GEC# Safety Knives.
9008766554453342222.jpg
8766344556677129.jpg
453342211133.jpg
65788999122323333365777.jpg
Onearmbladejunkie

4/12/2019 was 65 years "Rock Around the Clock" ! Since April , I have been trying to get GEC to make an #86 Oily Creek Bone "Rock n Roll" knife with a guitar shield. I tried to get them to do it on the #93. Let's hope GEC puts a guitar shield on the #86 oily creek bone. The 50s rockers oiled their hair and the guitar is the symbol of "Rock N Roll" !
861219.jpg
GEC-SHIELDS-768x1033.jpg
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Log cabin, thanks for showing me a Clasp knife. Schrade made a few in 1976 and i am familiar with those. I find this pattern too big to be very useful. Perhaps they are more intended for show with etches & scrimshaw ?
I would like to see a Norfolk pattern, pen knife & whittler as GEC made for Northwoods about 8 ? years ago. I think this frame has never been used for a GEC branded knife.
kj
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

kootenay joe wrote:Log cabin, thanks for showing me a Clasp knife. Schrade made a few in 1976 and i am familiar with those. I find this pattern too big to be very useful. Perhaps they are more intended for show with etches & scrimshaw ?
I would like to see a Norfolk pattern, pen knife & whittler as GEC made for Northwoods about 8 ? years ago. I think this frame has never been used for a GEC branded knife.
kj
Roland, was the Northwoods Norfolk made by GEC? I always thought it was a Queen made knife like the Winchester 2935.
Attachments
norfolkbanner.jpg
2935 1.jpg
2935 2.jpg
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Rick i too had thought the Norfolk was Queen made but i was 'corrected' that it was made by GEC.
So i just went to KSF, Northwoods Archives, and in description of the Norfolk pen knife it says: "Northwoods contracted with Great Eastern to make this special pattern. 3 ¼” closed".
Solved: GEC did make the Norfolk. Maybe they borrowed the dies for this pattern from Queen as we have never seen GEC make this pattern again ?
kj
ps, now i am on the look out for a Queen made Norfolk, Winchester, or any others they might have made. Great looking Winchester Norfolk. jigged bone handles ?
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

kootenay joe wrote:Rick i too had thought the Norfolk was Queen made but i was 'corrected' that it was made by GEC.
So i just went to KSF, Northwoods Archives, and in description of the Norfolk pen knife it says: "Northwoods contracted with Great Eastern to make this special pattern. 3 ¼” closed".
Solved: GEC did make the Norfolk. Maybe they borrowed the dies for this pattern from Queen as we have never seen GEC make this pattern again ?
kj
ps, now i am on the look out for a Queen made Norfolk, Winchester, or any others they might have made. Great looking Winchester Norfolk. jigged bone handles ?
OK thanks, Roland. That clears that up.

I copied those Winchester pictures from "The Cutting Edge" catalog but I do believe the handles are jigged bone.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Onearmbladejunkie

Future GEC knives made in smooth "amber orange" bone and smooth honey bone would be nice too.
upload_2019-9-25_7-55-6.png
ABZsVw6.jpg
6577890554442311169.png
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I too like a smooth bone with an orange 'glow'.
kj
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

I'd love to see a trapper aka the old Schrade's with an outlandishly EXTREME (but awesome) swedge grind like we just never ever see anymore ...
schrade trapper.jpg
schrade trapper.jpg2.jpg
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

I second that John ::tu:: . At least they pulled it off on the #97 knives. Just full blade swedge, on both sides, not halfway up like that (beautiful) Schrade. I think it would look great on a stockman also, maybe the #82 frame, secondary blades, with different main blade …. Something like the #14 (Lick Creek Boys) ect.
We need to watch and see if they decide to jump on this idea (maybe talk to GEC about it???).
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Onearmbladejunkie

I want a single blade #22 knife. Cocobolo wood , Sambar Stag , Oily Creek bone , Antique Golden rod camel bone , Honey bone ,and Navy Blue/sapphire blue/turquoise acrylic would be really cool with me !
221214ec-Cocobolo-Wood1.jpg
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Check this out, just saw this on Twitter.
Attachments
IMG_20191104_192740.jpg
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Is that the new #86 jack ?
Do you know if there will be a single blade version ?
kj

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”