What Knife Would You Like GEC To Make ?

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: What Knife Would You Like GEC To Make ?

Post by Railsplitter »

kootenay joe wrote:Log cabin, thanks for showing me a Clasp knife. Schrade made a few in 1976 and i am familiar with those. I find this pattern too big to be very useful. Perhaps they are more intended for show with etches & scrimshaw ?
I would like to see a Norfolk pattern, pen knife & whittler as GEC made for Northwoods about 8 ? years ago. I think this frame has never been used for a GEC branded knife.
kj
Roland, was the Northwoods Norfolk made by GEC? I always thought it was a Queen made knife like the Winchester 2935.
Attachments
norfolkbanner.jpg
2935 1.jpg
2935 2.jpg
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Rick i too had thought the Norfolk was Queen made but i was 'corrected' that it was made by GEC.
So i just went to KSF, Northwoods Archives, and in description of the Norfolk pen knife it says: "Northwoods contracted with Great Eastern to make this special pattern. 3 ¼” closed".
Solved: GEC did make the Norfolk. Maybe they borrowed the dies for this pattern from Queen as we have never seen GEC make this pattern again ?
kj
ps, now i am on the look out for a Queen made Norfolk, Winchester, or any others they might have made. Great looking Winchester Norfolk. jigged bone handles ?
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

kootenay joe wrote:Rick i too had thought the Norfolk was Queen made but i was 'corrected' that it was made by GEC.
So i just went to KSF, Northwoods Archives, and in description of the Norfolk pen knife it says: "Northwoods contracted with Great Eastern to make this special pattern. 3 ¼” closed".
Solved: GEC did make the Norfolk. Maybe they borrowed the dies for this pattern from Queen as we have never seen GEC make this pattern again ?
kj
ps, now i am on the look out for a Queen made Norfolk, Winchester, or any others they might have made. Great looking Winchester Norfolk. jigged bone handles ?
OK thanks, Roland. That clears that up.

I copied those Winchester pictures from "The Cutting Edge" catalog but I do believe the handles are jigged bone.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Onearmbladejunkie

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

Future GEC knives made in smooth "amber orange" bone and smooth honey bone would be nice too.
upload_2019-9-25_7-55-6.png
ABZsVw6.jpg
6577890554442311169.png
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I too like a smooth bone with an orange 'glow'.
kj
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

I'd love to see a trapper aka the old Schrade's with an outlandishly EXTREME (but awesome) swedge grind like we just never ever see anymore ...
schrade trapper.jpg
schrade trapper.jpg2.jpg
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

I second that John ::tu:: . At least they pulled it off on the #97 knives. Just full blade swedge, on both sides, not halfway up like that (beautiful) Schrade. I think it would look great on a stockman also, maybe the #82 frame, secondary blades, with different main blade …. Something like the #14 (Lick Creek Boys) ect.
We need to watch and see if they decide to jump on this idea (maybe talk to GEC about it???).
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Onearmbladejunkie

I want a single blade #22 knife. Cocobolo wood , Sambar Stag , Oily Creek bone , Antique Golden rod camel bone , Honey bone ,and Navy Blue/sapphire blue/turquoise acrylic would be really cool with me !
221214ec-Cocobolo-Wood1.jpg
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Check this out, just saw this on Twitter.
Attachments
IMG_20191104_192740.jpg
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Is that the new #86 jack ?
Do you know if there will be a single blade version ?
kj
Rotten

Post by Rotten »

kootenay joe wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:11 pm Is that the new #86 jack ?
Do you know if there will be a single blade version ?
kj
According to their production schedule the only single blade 86 was the bladeforums SFO.
Trace
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

O.K., thanks. An SFO for BF will be hard to get for any non BF member.
I think GEC should do a single blade version every time they do a run of 2 blade jacks. Why not ? It does not involve any extra set up and i am sure many of us would buy both the 2 blade and single blade versions.
kj
Onearmbladejunkie

GEC will be making a Trapper knife run in 2020. I got this info from the Oregon Knife Collectors Association. I want a 3 2/3" to 4 1/2" Trapper knife with a liner lock. I wish GEC would consider using honey bone , Oily Creek cougar clawed jigged bone , Oily Creek Barnboard jigged bone , Antique Goldenrod Camel bone , Blueberry wavy Rogers jigged bone , Dark Blue Camel bone , Chocolate Almond wavy Rogers jigged bone , Chocolate Almond Barnboard jigged bone , Blue River acrylic , Cocobolo wood , African Blackwood , Gabon Ebony wood , curly bloodwood , Barky Rams horn , or RED Elk ! I am hoping for a super special Trapper run in 2020.
Breeze

Post by Breeze »

I'd like to see a copperhead. I like the design and would like to have one by GEC. And since GEC mostly eschews sunken joints, this would be perfect for them :o
Mike
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

Breeze wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:07 pm I'd like to see a copperhead. I like the design and would like to have one by GEC. And since GEC mostly eschews sunken joints, this would be perfect for them :o
The 65 ben hogan is a copperhead.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
Breeze

Post by Breeze »

KnifeSlinger#81 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:57 pm
Breeze wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:07 pm I'd like to see a copperhead. I like the design and would like to have one by GEC. And since GEC mostly eschews sunken joints, this would be perfect for them :o
The 65 ben hogan is a copperhead.
So it is. I missed those. They need to make more ::woot::
And since this is a wish list, make them 0.5" shorter :D
Mike
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

It's time for GEC to make a Sowbelly Stockman. Maybe even a small stockman similar in size and width to a Case #18.
-Tim
HighPlains

Post by HighPlains »

FarSide wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:05 pm It's time for GEC to make a Sowbelly Stockman.
Agreed. And judging by the old Queen-made Winchesters, Bill Howard knows how to do it right.
Drukai

Post by Drukai »

Another run of 15 Farm Boys!
Attachments
004F11E6-36BA-4F09-8F3C-47D13E8D4597.jpeg
"I don't think you can ever do your best. Doing your best is a process of trying to do your best". Townes Van Zandt

In search of GEC 15 Farm Boy knife user or new(My Grail)
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Large lockback gunstock jack. With lanyard hole or bail. Something like this 4-3/4 inch handful. Makes a great back pocket carry but could be carried in a belt sheath if that’s more to your liking. The gunstock frame allows for one-hand opening. ::tu::

Ken
Attachments
81EE3EF9-9931-47A2-AB10-66D5F799A8CA.jpeg
53B6A3FA-AA29-417F-85E3-B377FF753062.jpeg
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

I really like the 86 jack with sheepsfoot secondary, but can't bring myself to buy one as I HATE the run of the mill bland side offerings. Give me a dead skunk or St. Paddy's Day acrylic instead of that lame-o blah blah blah tortoise shell acrylic. Seems all the interesting acrylics are a thing of the past at GEC... too bad ::dang:: ::shrug::
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:28 am Large lockback gunstock jack. With lanyard hole or bail. Something like this 4-3/4 inch handful. Makes a great back pocket carry but could be carried in a belt sheath if that’s more to your liking. The gunstock frame allows for one-hand opening. ::tu::

Ken
Ken, I really like this knife.
I've never owned a Premier, but that one is a great looking knife.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Onearmbladejunkie

kootenay joe wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:22 am Well they have the #98 frame at 4 7/8" so easy to put in a clip blade & long bolster and there you have a Daddy Barlow for those who like big knives with straight 'lines'.
kj
I think the a Coke bottle shaped knife would make a better large Barlow type knife. The #97 Allegheny 4 3/4" closed would make a more attractive Barlow.
976119-Gabon-Ebony2.jpg
981316W-Gabon-Ebony-Wood.jpg
Onearmbladejunkie

GEC will be making #23 Pioneer Trappers very soon this Year. I just pre-paid for my 2020 OKCA Club #23 Trapper in Antique jigged bone/beaver shield. I am hoping for a #23 with a wharncliffe/large muskrat clip , a #23 with beefy two blades . and a #23 single blade bull-lock. I love the new Chocolate Almond peach-seed jigged bone color. I think the #23 is one of GEC's best. 4.5" closed , a great beefy chore knife.
81795999_2051846534961763_479945106221170688_o.jpg
MadTrapper

Post by MadTrapper »

A Small Saddlehorn, (approx. 3 3/4" closed) with a clip and wharncliffe. Bolsters on both ends. Jigged in deep worm groove or their "clawed" style. In dark red and antique type chestnut of some sort. ::tu::
"A knife is as personal and necessary a thing as a man ever owns." Bob Loveless

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”