#82 Dixie Stockmans

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: #82 Dixie Stockmans

Postby gsmith7158 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:07 am

Thanks Roland and Mark! That back side is a little thicker than I like but overall not bad. :D
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.

Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby Sharpnshinyknives » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:27 pm

Just got an email that the elderberry bone 82’s are in at CK. Wohoo! Man did I get carried away on the early reserves. That makes 3 82’s for me.
SSk
SSk (Mark)
“As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.” Proverbs

FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Postby FarSide » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:09 pm

Love this little drop point

B206F4C7-BEE6-4A8C-B3DE-A4B9CFFBD546.jpeg

m0nk

Postby m0nk » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:43 am

FarSide wrote:Love this little drop point

That's a great pic there, FarSide, and that copperhead bone is really nice. Tempting! Looks like our friends at GEC outdid themselves with the quality on this run.

- Lee

FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Postby FarSide » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:26 pm

m0nk wrote:
FarSide wrote:Love this little drop point

That's a great pic there, FarSide, and that copperhead bone is really nice. Tempting! Looks like our friends at GEC outdid themselves with the quality on this run.

- Lee

Thank you Sir. GEC did do a really nice job on these. This one has already smoothed out quite nicely only after 2 weeks in the pocket :)

kootenay joe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby kootenay joe » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:43 pm

"They" got me !
Email comes in from KSF, 'new #82 Stockman in bone & stag just in' but i ignored it and did something else. Came back to it, what the heck, i may as well have a look, probably all gone or nearly so by now. But, 2 pages of stag. Take my time, look at specifically at a bunch (more than 5). #41 looks very nice, both sides and slender. But still i went back and looked again at others. Finally thought well if #41 is still there i'll buy it, thinking it would for surely be gone. But it was still available so i bought it.
I have not liked the recent GEC stag received on both a 66 and a 14 and have posted so here in AAPK. So now i need to say that today's batch of 82's at KSF had some very good looking stag handles. I think the one i picked up is extremely nice. Not cheap at $156 but it is a 3 blade knife, so only $52 per blade.
I did not plan on getting a Dixie Stockman at all and i did not even try hard but now i have a very nice Dixie on it's way. I very much like a slim stockman pattern with it's rounded bolsters. Great pattern & a great working knife too at 4 1/8". I am very pleased.
kj

Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby Sharpnshinyknives » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:01 pm

kootenay joe wrote:"They" got me !
Email comes in from KSF, 'new #82 Stockman in bone & stag just in' but i ignored it and did something else. Came back to it, what the heck, i may as well have a look, probably all gone or nearly so by now. But, 2 pages of stag. Take my time, look at specifically at a bunch (more than 5). #41 looks very nice, both sides and slender. But still i went back and looked again at others. Finally thought well if #41 is still there i'll buy it, thinking it would for surely be gone. But it was still available so i bought it.
I have not liked the recent GEC stag received on both a 66 and a 14 and have posted so here in AAPK. So now i need to say that today's batch of 82's at KSF had some very good looking stag handles. I think the one i picked up is extremely nice. Not cheap at $156 but it is a 3 blade knife, so only $52 per blade.
I did not plan on getting a Dixie Stockman at all and i did not even try hard but now i have a very nice Dixie on it's way. I very much like a slim stockman pattern with it's rounded bolsters. Great pattern & a great working knife too at 4 1/8". I am very pleased.
kj

Roland, Welcome to the “dark side”. I think you will love it when you get it. I can’t believe that I am going to have 3 different handle materials in the 82 pattern. Joining AAPK has really put a dent in my pocketbook.
I see that KSF has the elderberry bone in stock now too.
SSk
SSk (Mark)

kootenay joe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby kootenay joe » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:09 pm

Quote: "Joining AAPK has really put a dent in my pocketbook."
There is no doubt that our talking about knives and which one we just bought induces a "mass hysteria". It soon seems normal to be buying a knife a week or to have 5 examples of the same knife, each with a different handle material.
I have been more severely affected than i am now but i am still influenced by the enthusiasm of others here. It is why i have a stag Stockman coming.
kj

Cletus Awreetus
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Postby Cletus Awreetus » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:02 pm

kootenay joe wrote:Quote: "Joining AAPK has really put a dent in my pocketbook."
There is no doubt that our talking about knives and which one we just bought induces a "mass hysteria". It soon seems normal to be buying a knife a week or to have 5 examples of the same knife, each with a different handle material.
I have been more severely affected than i am now but i am still influenced by the enthusiasm of others here. It is why i have a stag Stockman coming.
kj

haha, that's rich coming from the 2 guys who've influenced about 90% of my most recent knife purchases!!
-the problem with society today is, no one drinks from the skulls of their dead enemies anymore..-

Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby Sharpnshinyknives » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:06 pm

Cletus Awreetus wrote:
kootenay joe wrote:Quote: "Joining AAPK has really put a dent in my pocketbook."
kj

haha, that's rich coming from the 2 guys who've influenced about 90% of my most recent knife purchases!!

Steve, I actually thought most of my knife purchases were behind me before I joined AAPK. Then Roland starting selling off some pieces that I absolutely could not live w/out and that started the ball rolling. I’m embarrassed by the amount I have spent on knives this year. Haven’t totaled it so I don’t let it slip some day.
The GEC’s are a nice break from all the Case knives that I have. I thought I wanted to keep collecting Winchesters, but am taken by the GEC knives. Those along w/ the Seki made knives have really drawn my attention lately. Love my Mcusta’s just as much.
SSk.
SSk (Mark)

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby jerryd6818 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:29 pm

Sharpnshinyknives wrote:
Steve, I actually thought most of my knife purchases were behind me before I joined AAPK.
SSk.

And therein lies the "problem" with these forums. Does the saying "Out of sight, out of mind." ring a bell? :mrgreen:

If I avoid AAPK and eBay, it's easy to avoid spending money. BUT the instant I log on to either one, that evil 'want' rears it's ugly head and I'm sunk. ::facepalm::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Postby JohnR » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:59 pm

Received my elderberry today and it's probably my favorite from the run so far, as with the other 3 construction is top notch.
Attachments
IMG_9775.jpg
IMG_9783.jpg
IMG_9781.jpg

Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby Sharpnshinyknives » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:09 pm

JohnR wrote:Received my elderberry today and it's probably my favorite from the run so far, as with the other 3 construction is top notch.

Just got mine too John. Love this color on this one. I think this one is my favorite too.
SSk
Attachments
IMG_5020.jpeg
IMG_5021.jpeg
IMG_5022.jpeg
SSk (Mark)

whiskeytango315

Postby whiskeytango315 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:45 pm

Hello all,
Happy new year!
I'm new to the GEC brand and was curious if someone would clue me in where to get them. I scanned through this thread and CK was mentioned a few times? Is it a distributor/dealer?

Thanks,
J

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby jerryd6818 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:51 pm

There's several dealers. Your best bet is to fire up your best friend Google and look for "Great Eastern knives for sale".
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”