Page 4 of 5

Re: GEC 85 Bullet End Jack

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:38 pm
by Sharpnshinyknives
gsmith7158 wrote:I suspect that I am beating a dead horse here but I see that the 85's show being complete on GEC's website but I have not been informed by CK that the allotment has been filled and standbys need not apply. Has anyone gotten a SFO knife from CK yet?

Greg, I have been wondering the answer to that question as well. I would think that the plant would shut down sometime soon for the holidays. At least around here all the auto plants always did shut down for a few weeks toward Christmas. Of course they have closed all those plants and the jobs moved to Mexico years ago so maybe GEC is still planning on running instead of closing early for the year? Don’t know the answer to that one either. I would sure like to know if I have any of these 85’s coming. How does CK handle that when you are on stand by? Do they let you know or it just hangs out there indefinitely?
SSk

Re: GEC 85 Bullet End Jack

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:47 pm
by gsmith7158
Sharpnshinyknives wrote:
gsmith7158 wrote:I suspect that I am beating a dead horse here but I see that the 85's show being complete on GEC's website but I have not been informed by CK that the allotment has been filled and standbys need not apply. Has anyone gotten a SFO knife from CK yet?

Greg, I have been wondering the answer to that question as well. I would think that the plant would shut down sometime soon for the holidays. At least around here all the auto plants always did shut down for a few weeks toward Christmas. Of course they have closed all those plants and the jobs moved to Mexico years ago so maybe GEC is still planning on running instead of closing early for the year? Don’t know the answer to that one either. I would sure like to know if I have any of these 85’s coming. How does CK handle that when you are on stand by? Do they let you know or it just hangs out there indefinitely?
SSk
Mark they did let me know on the rotten banana bone 85 that the allotment had been filled and I wouldn't be offered one with my Stand by reservation but I'm not certain if they always do that.

Re: GEC 85 Bullet End Jack

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:01 pm
by gsmith7158
I've also noticed that there appears to be a difference in GEC's list of handle materials for this SFO and Ck's original early reserve list. The African blackwood and the pioneer bone were new.

Re: GEC 85 Bullet End Jack

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:17 pm
by gsmith7158
Ok, I'm really getting antsy over this 85 situation. The GEC website shows that it is complete, but no word from CK. The last time an anomaly like this occurred, boom there was a Northwoods release. ::paranoid::

Re: GEC 85 Bullet End Jack

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:32 am
by kootenay joe
"boom there was a Northwoods release."
They really need a Home Run, not another "Ho Hum". Please bury the Bohncliffe.
EO LB Stabber Jack with mammoth would make for a good 're-birth' of 'The Best'.
kj

Re: GEC 85 Bullet End Jack

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:56 am
by gsmith7158
There is now a picture of the red jigged bone on CK.net where there was nothing before. When you click on it there are no products available. What does this mean ? Have they come and gone? Are they yet to come? I feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick the elusive football and Lucy is snickering in the other room. ::tease::

Re: GEC 85 Bullet End Jack

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:39 am
by Tsar Bomba
gsmith7158 wrote:There is now a picture of the red jigged bone on CK.net where there was nothing before. When you click on it there are no products available. What does this mean ? Have they come and gone? Are they yet to come? I feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick the elusive football and Lucy is snickering in the other room. ::tease::
I suspect they put up their reserved knives which immediately sold out. Sometimes I see a new or unnoticed knife under CK's GEC section but clicking it brings you to that same page. Talk about getting hopes up only to dash them on the rocks...

Re: GEC 85 Bullet End Jack

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:27 am
by Drukai
gsmith7158 wrote:I've also noticed that there appears to be a difference in GEC's list of handle materials for this SFO and Ck's original early reserve list. The African blackwood and the pioneer bone were new.
The Blackwoods are a SFO for "SlipJoint Paradigm" a Facebook group I belong to...not sure about the Pioneer bone though..

Re: GEC 85 Bullet End Jack

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:37 am
by gsmith7158
Very strange that none of the polished stag 85's have shown up here as being recieved or on Ebay for a gazillion bucks.

Re: GEC 85 Bullet End Jack

Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:36 pm
by Drukai
My Blackwood came in yesterday..First 85 for me now I know what all the 85 hype is about! Great size for carry very neat pattern.

Re: GEC 85 Bullet End Jack

Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:32 pm
by robbobus
Sure is pretty. Wouldn't want to drop it in the woods tho.
1545687060260.jpg

Re: GEC 85 Bullet End Jack

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:03 pm
by 313 Mike
Figured I would drop these pics in here since I just snapped them this morning. This is from 2013, limited amount made in this bone, I think only 50 if memory serves. One of my favorite knives.

Re: GEC 85 Bullet End Jack

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:10 am
by KnifeSlinger#81
313 Mike wrote:Figured I would drop these pics in here since I just snapped them this morning. This is from 2013, limited amount made in this bone, I think only 50 if memory serves. One of my favorite knives.
I have one of those too Mike, from a few years later. Wouldn't trade it for anything.
IMG_4814.JPG

Re: GEC 85 Bullet End Jack

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:02 am
by gsmith7158
Well, patience and frugality (something I'm not usually noted for) has finally paid off .I have my polished stag 85 CK SFO at last and for less than a gazillion bucks. ::super_happy::

Re: GEC 85 Bullet End Jack

Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:38 pm
by Onearmbladejunkie
Colonel26 wrote:I have one GEC knife, a whittler, that I got from a friend. I like it a lot. I would like to have more. But, I refuse to play the GEC game.

And I agree with Mike. That shield looks cheap to me.
I agree with you 100% GEC is making up to 5000 GEC#97 Allegheny coke bottle hunter knives right now. You can buy them easy from most dealers. www.colectorknives.net has the best prices with free shipping.
pro-3-14-768x1533.jpg