ENCORE

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

ENCORE

Post by Quick Steel »

There was a recent discussion about the difficulty in finding current GECs, that is, the actual GEC manufacture. So, tho I've shown this Great Eastern before I thought to show it again. It is a very early model, perhaps from the first year of operation. The scales are a vivid red but photograph as more orange tho I tried different lights.
P1020833.JPG
P1020834.JPG
kootenay joe

Re: ENCORE

Post by kootenay joe »

Is this a #23 ?
kj
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

kj, Although it looks similar to the # 23 it isn't. This knife is 3 3/4" in length and has a single blade. Don't know a pattern number for it but the serial number is 735108.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

It's the #73 pattern. The #23 is the 'same' but 4 1/2". I prefer the smaller #73. It seems just the right size. Yours was made in 2008. The handles look like what GEC called "Red Stag", much sought after by GEC collectors.
kj
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

kj, thanks very much for the input. I do like it very much. I have only a few GECs, of all labels, but this is my favorite.

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”