2018 #15 Pattern

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
kootenay joe

2018 #15 Pattern

Post by kootenay joe »

I have not been following the recent GEC knife runs and was just looking at Gunstock Jacks and see a "GEC 152118 TIDIOUTE W/ BAIL & CHAIN - ANTIQUE YELLOW" for $98 and it is available. Next to it is: "GEC 151118 B&C TIDIOUTE W/ BAIL & CHAIN - SFO BY CHARLIE CAMPAGNA" for $199 and these are sold out. The difference is the C.C. version has a clip blade not the spearpoint.
Have there been any other runs of the #15 pattern that cost twice the price of the regular run ones ?
Have you ever seen a Charlie Campagna SFO retail for double regular example ? Note: "retail" not the secondary flippers.
kj
Tsar Bomba

Re: 2018 #15 Pattern

Post by Tsar Bomba »

The only 15 I really cared about from the 2018 run, the TC Ancient Barlow, retailed for about 2x what I'd expect a typical unadorned single-spear boy's knife on the same frame to command right now. Put a longer bolster on it, beat it up some, and put Charlie's name on it and you're getting some good money and a promise for a future profitable flip! Maybe not at Whaler levels but nobody's going to lose money on a mint TC.

It's enough to make a guy want to fish his brand new "old-looking" Barlow out of the tube and go cut something with it. ::disgust::
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
upnorth

Post by upnorth »

kootenay joe wrote:I have not been following the recent GEC knife runs and was just looking at Gunstock Jacks and see a "GEC 152118 TIDIOUTE W/ BAIL & CHAIN - ANTIQUE YELLOW" for $98 and it is available. Next to it is: "GEC 151118 B&C TIDIOUTE W/ BAIL & CHAIN - SFO BY CHARLIE CAMPAGNA" for $199 and these are sold out. The difference is the C.C. version has a clip blade not the spearpoint.
Have there been any other runs of the #15 pattern that cost twice the price of the regular run ones ?
Have you ever seen a Charlie Campagna SFO retail for double regular example ? Note: "retail" not the secondary flippers.
kj
It was pretty amazing how many people wanted that Clip blade!! It probably would be voted the most popular blade style at this time!
Utopia!! A chicken in every pot!! And a Barlow in every pocket!!!

Johnnie Fain would have approved!
1949 - 2009
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Yes, i would prefer the clip blade too. Basically GEC has used a spear point for so many of their knives that we are starved for a nice clip. And many of the Northwoods have the Bohncliffe further starving us of a clip blade knife.
kj

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”