Wall Street # 99 in elk horn

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
User avatar
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 6881
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:25 pm
Location: Marietta, Ga. 35% of the time

Wall Street # 99 in elk horn

Postby gsmith7158 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:57 pm

CK just put these on early reserve.
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.

User avatar
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 6881
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:25 pm
Location: Marietta, Ga. 35% of the time

Re: Wall Street # 99 in elk horn

Postby gsmith7158 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:05 pm

Hope ya'll got one it's closed. ::woot::
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.

JET79
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:45 pm
Location: Spanaway WA

Re: Wall Street # 99 in elk horn

Postby JET79 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:25 pm

Nope.... was out of reception. Bummed. But I see the #14’s are in production now so that’s sweet!

User avatar
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 1095
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:43 pm
Location: Springfield, Illinois

Re: Wall Street # 99 in elk horn

Postby Railsplitter » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:55 pm

Did I miss the announcement on these or was Mike's notification the very first time these were mentioned? I know other dealers will have a few of the Wall Streets too but if I wanted to buy one from Mike, I didn't even have time to decide if I wanted to reserve one or not.

At least with the Northwoods lolly scramble we have a few hours to think about it before the drop.

Were these announced and sold out all in one fell swoop or did I miss something?
Rick T.
My Uncle owns a Red Barchetta.

User avatar
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 6881
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:25 pm
Location: Marietta, Ga. 35% of the time

Re: Wall Street # 99 in elk horn

Postby gsmith7158 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:24 pm

Railsplitter wrote:Did I miss the announcement on these or was Mike's notification the very first time these were mentioned? I know other dealers will have a few of the Wall Streets too but if I wanted to buy one from Mike, I didn't even have time to decide if I wanted to reserve one or not.

At least with the Northwoods lolly scramble we have a few hours to think about it before the drop.

Were these announced and sold out all in one fell swoop or did I miss something?

Rick it was just a matter of minutes from announcement to close. Mike says it's a limited run so he must not be getting many. It was comparable to a Northwoods drop without the time to think about which one to go for.
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.

User avatar
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 1095
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:43 pm
Location: Springfield, Illinois

Re: Wall Street # 99 in elk horn

Postby Railsplitter » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:30 pm

gsmith7158 wrote:
Railsplitter wrote:Did I miss the announcement on these or was Mike's notification the very first time these were mentioned? I know other dealers will have a few of the Wall Streets too but if I wanted to buy one from Mike, I didn't even have time to decide if I wanted to reserve one or not.

At least with the Northwoods lolly scramble we have a few hours to think about it before the drop.

Were these announced and sold out all in one fell swoop or did I miss something?

Rick it was just a matter of minutes from announcement to close. Mike says it's a limited run so he must not be getting many. It was comparable to a Northwoods drop without the time to think about which one to go for.


Thanks Greg. ::tu::
Rick T.
My Uncle owns a Red Barchetta.

kootenay joe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 6287
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:36 pm

Re: Wall Street # 99 in elk horn

Postby kootenay joe » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:00 pm

This is the first i have heard of this, so i am 2 daze late.
Elk winter at my place so i have found many good drops. I sent some to Rusty Preston and he sent me a picture of a sowbelly he had used it on. To me a bit of a disappointment because lots of the underlying white was showing. Since then i have learned that this is usual for elk. Seems pieces that can be bolster to bolster exterior surface are hard to come by or cut from a rack.
Are there any pictures of the Wall Street with the elk handles ?
Also, does Mike do a mail out that these are up for reservation ? Or, do you have to check his site frequently ?
kj

User avatar
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 1095
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:43 pm
Location: Springfield, Illinois

Re: Wall Street # 99 in elk horn

Postby Railsplitter » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:38 pm

kootenay joe wrote:This is the first i have heard of this, so i am 2 daze late.
Elk winter at my place so i have found many good drops. I sent some to Rusty Preston and he sent me a picture of a sowbelly he had used it on. To me a bit of a disappointment because lots of the underlying white was showing. Since then i have learned that this is usual for elk. Seems pieces that can be bolster to bolster exterior surface are hard to come by or cut from a rack.
Are there any pictures of the Wall Street with the elk handles ?
Also, does Mike do a mail out that these are up for reservation ? Or, do you have to check his site frequently ?
kj


I got a text from Mike when these went up for reserve. I signed up for Early Reserve notifications in April 2017 and the system has worked very well.
Rick T.
My Uncle owns a Red Barchetta.

kootenay joe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 6287
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:36 pm

Re: Wall Street # 99 in elk horn

Postby kootenay joe » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:16 pm

Thanks. I thought i was signed up to be informed as well. I will investigate, maybe need to sign up again.
kj

edit to ask: "Text" ? maybe he only notifies by text message ? I don't have a texting device, just old fashioned email.

User avatar
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 1095
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:43 pm
Location: Springfield, Illinois

Re: Wall Street # 99 in elk horn

Postby Railsplitter » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:31 pm

kootenay joe wrote:Thanks. I thought i was signed up to be informed as well. I will investigate, maybe need to sign up again.
kj

edit to ask: "Text" ? maybe he only notifies by text message ? I don't have a texting device, just old fashioned email.


Yes, when I signed up it was a text only option if I remember correctly. Some kind of application that schools use for notifications or something like that. It works very well but yes, it's text only.

You might ask Mike if he has an email option as I don't know if the option I signed up for was the only one available and he might have something new by now.
Rick T.
My Uncle owns a Red Barchetta.

User avatar
Tsar Bomba
Posts: 2787
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:14 am

Re: Wall Street # 99 in elk horn

Postby Tsar Bomba » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:31 am

CollectorKnives uses both an email notification system for reserves and something called Remind which is normally used for school scheduling. This hybrid system is a little unwieldy but it gets the job done for most releases. The number 77 Barlows were all done via lottery that went through the Remind system. Haven't gotten two of them even while I was stuck on my phone, I would say it worked out fairly well. But it does take some getting used to.
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow

User avatar
biglmbass
Posts: 908
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:41 pm
Location: Alabama

Re: Wall Street # 99 in elk horn

Postby biglmbass » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:23 pm

kootenay joe wrote:Are there any pictures of the Wall Street with the elk handles ?


I don't think Elk has ever been offered on the 99 wall street pattern. I wish these new ones were clip blades, but given they're stainless I'll take what I can get.

Also, I hope they lock up solidly. When the 99s first hit the scene I held off getting an ebony clip blade due to many reports of blade play.

User avatar
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 13939
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:42 pm
Location: West Central FL
Contact:

Re: Wall Street # 99 in elk horn

Postby TripleF » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:32 pm

Allright, so splain this Greg.....how do I sign up.....to be informed of early ordering?
SCOTT

2019 Knife Photography Calendar: https://www.cafepress.com/steelbrother1.592184508

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb

User avatar
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 6881
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:25 pm
Location: Marietta, Ga. 35% of the time

Re: Wall Street # 99 in elk horn

Postby gsmith7158 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:44 pm

TripleF wrote:Allright, so splain this Greg.....how do I sign up.....to be informed of early ordering?

Scott just go to collectorknives.net and choose early reserves from the menu. It explains there how to sign up for text message notifications when something goes on early reserve.
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.

User avatar
m0nk
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:31 am
Location: Central Texas

Re: Wall Street # 99 in elk horn

Postby m0nk » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:42 am

Well, I missed out on another one from CK. Totally missed out on the 77 barlows, missed the 14 red sawcuts by a mile, but this one must've gone in minutes. I also prefer the KSF scramble because I get 24 hours notice of the drop. These CK reserve drops are instantaneous, no-notice, only works for those guys who happen to have access to their phones with good data coverage at the right moment. Which isn't me. ::td::

But... the silver lining here is the early indication of a run of 99's! Farm & Field Farmer Locks, whoo hoo! Am I wrong?? If the numbers are like the recent run of 71s, it'll be like on Oprah: "You get a Farmer Lock, and You get a Farmer Lock, and YOU get a Farmer Lock!" I know there's at least one other forum member who's been looking for a Farmer Lock for a while now. Maybe they'll do maroon micarta again? And wouldn't it be an amazing twist of fate if they did them with clip blades like some of the previous Wall Streets? Farmer Lock in maroon micarta, with a plain clip... who else can see it? ::drool:: They did 78 AmJacks in clips first and spears next run, so why not do spears then clips on Farmer Locks??

Lee


Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests