What is Next?

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
boykinlp
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:45 pm
Location: South Carolina

What is Next?

Postby boykinlp » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:57 am

Well, GEC seems to be burning through their production schedule. If I am reading it correctly, all they have left is the #44 Gunstock knives. Any idea of what the next knives will be?
Larry

Each one, teach one.

User avatar
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Central Valley of CA

Re: What is Next?

Postby FarSide » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:21 pm

boykinlp wrote:Well, GEC seems to be burning through their production schedule. If I am reading it correctly, all they have left is the #44 Gunstock knives. Any idea of what the next knives will be?

How about a Sowbelly. Have not seen them do that pattern yet if I'm correct.

User avatar
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 921
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:43 pm
Location: Springfield, Illinois

Re: What is Next?

Postby Railsplitter » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:01 pm

There has been talk of a run of #14's this year but I don't know when.
Rick T.

User avatar
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 921
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:43 pm
Location: Springfield, Illinois

Re: What is Next?

Postby Railsplitter » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:07 pm

Railsplitter wrote:There has been talk of a run of #14's this year but I don't know when.


Sooner than I expected. There's even an AAPK #14 scheduled. ::woot::
http://greateasterncutlery.net/blog/201 ... n-june-29/
Rick T.

User avatar
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Central Valley of CA

Re: What is Next?

Postby FarSide » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:51 pm

Railsplitter wrote:
Railsplitter wrote:There has been talk of a run of #14's this year but I don't know when.


Sooner than I expected. There's even an AAPK #14 scheduled. ::woot::
http://greateasterncutlery.net/blog/201 ... n-june-29/

Thanks for the heads up. That's a lot of SFO's. The AAPK will be very nice in Antique Yellow Sawcut Bone & Shield ::nod:: . Charlie has a TC Barlow as well.
The UN-X-LD Northfield appears to be the only 2-blade. My 2-blade TC's are favorites. The extra blade in that size feels much better in the hand. Those are going to be nice as well, With all the choices; there should be plenty to pick from (except the TC Barlow's ::smirk:: ).
How about all the Cripple Creeks with Buffalo Shields. I'm going to be broke.

User avatar
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 921
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:43 pm
Location: Springfield, Illinois

Re: What is Next?

Postby Railsplitter » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:56 pm

Yeah, it's a pretty large run apparently. I wonder how long this will keep them busy. Mid Fall maybe?
Rick T.

User avatar
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Central Valley of CA

Re: What is Next?

Postby FarSide » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:04 pm

Railsplitter wrote:Yeah, it's a pretty large run apparently. I wonder how long this will keep them busy. Mid Fall maybe?

HaHa. That's 18 SFO's not counting the Tidioute & Northfield. I think the minimum SFO is now 300 pieces. So that's 5400 pieces +/-.
Yeah, could take a while.

User avatar
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 6423
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:25 pm
Location: Marietta, Ga. 35% of the time

Re: What is Next?

Postby gsmith7158 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:31 pm

Wow ! That's a lot of knives to choose from. Decisions, decisions. ::hmm::
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.

boykinlp
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:45 pm
Location: South Carolina

Re: What is Next?

Postby boykinlp » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:56 am

That is going from seemingly slack to full throttle in a skinny minute.:)
Larry

Each one, teach one.

User avatar
MadTrapper
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:12 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: What is Next?

Postby MadTrapper » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:59 pm

Wonder if this sudden increase is related to Queen shutting down?
"A knife is as personal and necessary a thing as a man ever owns." Bob Loveless

DM11
Silver Tier
Silver Tier
Posts: 909
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:46 am
Location: Kansas

Re: What is Next?

Postby DM11 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:31 pm

Looks like a lot of nice ones to choose from. Got a two blade rust red from the last run of 14's.
David

User avatar
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 3696
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:32 pm
Location: Ohio, along the river
Contact:

Re: What is Next?

Postby peanut740 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:51 pm

FarSide wrote:
Railsplitter wrote:Yeah, it's a pretty large run apparently. I wonder how long this will keep them busy. Mid Fall maybe?

HaHa. That's 18 SFO's not counting the Tidioute & Northfield. I think the minimum SFO is now 300 pieces. So that's 5400 pieces +/-.
Yeah, could take a while.

Special factory orders using GEC stampings are 100 pieces,or at least they are for GEC dealers.Other tang stamps are more.
Roger

User avatar
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Central Valley of CA

Re: What is Next?

Postby FarSide » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:10 pm

peanut740 wrote:
FarSide wrote:
Railsplitter wrote:Yeah, it's a pretty large run apparently. I wonder how long this will keep them busy. Mid Fall maybe?

HaHa. That's 18 SFO's not counting the Tidioute & Northfield. I think the minimum SFO is now 300 pieces. So that's 5400 pieces +/-.
Yeah, could take a while.

Special factory orders using GEC stampings are 100 pieces,or at least they are for GEC dealers.Other tang stamps are more.

Thanks for the info.

User avatar
m0nk
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:31 am
Location: Central Texas

Re: What is Next?

Postby m0nk » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:11 am

I was on vacation and away from a computer for 6 days, and I returned to find a huge production update with lots and lots of SFOs! Including an AAPK club knife. And the #44 gunstocks are materializing. I have so many questions! Is the #44 a PPP? Has GEC ever done a clip blade on a #14? What's the "cobblestone jigged bone" on the JSR SFO going to look like? Will the clip blades on the #14s be a long swedge and long pull like the recent #15 clips, or will it be a crescent nail nick? Finally, does anyone think the "defect" long pull on the recent #15 clip blades will increase the future value of those knives?

Lee

User avatar
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 921
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:43 pm
Location: Springfield, Illinois

Re: What is Next?

Postby Railsplitter » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:45 am

m0nk wrote:I was on vacation and away from a computer for 6 days, and I returned to find a huge production update with lots and lots of SFOs! Including an AAPK club knife. And the #44 gunstocks are materializing. I have so many questions! Is the #44 a PPP? Has GEC ever done a clip blade on a #14? What's the "cobblestone jigged bone" on the JSR SFO going to look like? Will the clip blades on the #14s be a long swedge and long pull like the recent #15 clips, or will it be a crescent nail nick? Finally, does anyone think the "defect" long pull on the recent #15 clip blades will increase the future value of those knives?

Lee


I'll try to answer a few of those questions.

Is the #44 a PPP? Yes, I believe so.
Has GEC ever done a clip blade on a #14? I've never seen one.
What's the "cobblestone jigged bone" on the JSR SFO going to look like? Here's what the #48's looked like:
Attachments
48cobblestone1.gif
Rick T.


Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests