# 15’s up for sale on DLT

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: # 15’s up for sale on DLT

Post by Railsplitter »

singin46 wrote:Great looking Antique Yellow! I'm anticipating getting one of these M&Gs now! Pickbone is gonna be my choice. They are due out by the end of June, according to Roger. I just got on their email list, to be notified when they drop.
BTW, HEY EVERYBODY! ::groove::
Good morning, Perry!

I think if I get one it will be the M&G also. Those pics of the Pickbone look fantastic.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
singin46

Post by singin46 »

Hey Rick!!! Great to hear that my friend, the M&Gs look fantastic and by the end of June they will be here! The Pickbone really looks fine!
Love all Jacks
singin46

Post by singin46 »

262968721236_1.jpg
Attachments
IMG_4469.jpg
Love all Jacks
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

At 0858 hrs today i received an email from KSF saying the #15 Barlows have just been listed. At 0904 i clicked on the link: no knives left, all sold i don't even know how many there were.
People buy them for the thrill of scoring more than because they really like the knife.
This is Insanity.
kj
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

I just happened to be on KSF when the Charlie C's came up and snagged one. I'm having a run of good luck lately. ::super_happy::
Attachments
gec-15-ancient-barlow-sawcut-bone__02108.1529077889.jpg
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
singin46

Post by singin46 »

That was a lucky happening for sure, Greg! ::tu::
Love all Jacks
mmclaughlin

Post by mmclaughlin »

Were the Charlie Campagna's at KSF just under the GEC #15 category?
I could never find them on the site.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Likely history will repeat itself and a Charlie C. Barlow is an investment that can yield a 300% return in a matter of weeks. There is no other investment vehicle that can come close to this profitability.
I am speaking not of Greg or others here. What i am saying is that the Charlie C. Barlows are so hot that stock market investors might be getting involved. When seen in terms of a tradeable commodity it is a short term investment opportunity of a lifetime for small time players.
kj
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

mmclaughlin wrote:Were the Charlie Campagna's at KSF just under the GEC #15 category?
I could never find them on the site.
They were. If you scrolled down past the categories to the available knives that's where I saw them pop up. They must not have had many because they were gone in 3 minutes.
Edit: And the cost was double the other 15's. $140 ,so I guess they will start out at $300 later today on ebay.
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
m0nk

Post by m0nk »

Ha ha ha, I saw the email 3 hours after it was sent and went to the site and they were all gone! Looks like I was 2 hrs. and 57 min. too late! ::dang:: Does anyone know if all the TC barlows are Charlie C. SFOs? Here's a dumb question... who is Charlie C. anyway? How did knives with his brand on them get to be one of the most desired commodities on the internet? Is he a famous designer? Did he formerly own a cutlery company? Is he a war hero? Or what?
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

m0nk wrote:Ha ha ha, I saw the email 3 hours after it was sent and went to the site and they were all gone! Looks like I was 2 hrs. and 57 min. too late! ::dang:: Does anyone know if all the TC barlows are Charlie C. SFOs? Here's a dumb question... who is Charlie C. anyway? How did knives with his brand on them get to be one of the most desired commodities on the internet? Is he a famous designer? Did he formerly own a cutlery company? Is he a war hero? Or what?
m0nk Charlie is just a guy, he's a member here on AAPK that goes by the name UpNorth. He is the one guilty of flinging an incredible craving for Empire Knives on me.He had a fabulous collection of those. He knows what people like. ::shrug::
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
m0nk

Post by m0nk »

And who else wants a GEC with sawcut bone handles that the average Joe can actually get his hands on? This is the second sawcut SFO that I never even had a chance at! The CK 77 SFO was a lottery, and now this. C'mon, man! I'd like to see a big run of #77's, like the recent 78 run, with a clip blade and a sawcut bone cover. Caramel sawcut bone... with a sheepsfoot secondary. And yes, I want fries with that.

Oh yeah, nice snag, Greg! Sometimes you can just be at the right place at the right time. Well done, Sir.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

yeah m0nk ,I was actually looking to see if the yellow jig bone with bail and chain was out yet because I have one of those reserved at CK and dang if they didn't pop up when I was on the page. I didn't have any email notification set up for GEC so I was really surprised but I knew what it was when I saw it. ::super_happy::
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Charlie Campagna is a long time knife collector of traditional patterns, USA made knives. Besides having a large amount of 'knife knowledge' he also has a very good sense of design, of what would enhance a knife to make it most appealing. Charlie knows the owner of GEC and i am sure lends some advice on traditional patterns. He gets GEC to make knives for him, usually a 'tweaking' of the current GEC run. GEC is a small company that wants to emphasize quality over quantity and as such can only make a certain number of knives. As such the number of Charlie C. knives made is limited by GEC, likely to around 200 ? per run. "200" is a guess. The point is Charlie could likely sell 1000 or more knives for every one of his patterns but he cannot obtain this amount.
A lot of the GEC 'hype' comes from BladeForums. There is a large and active "Traditional" knife forum there which for the last 10 years has been dominated by large threads on GEC knives. The many thousands of enthusiastic posts about GEC knives draws in others who were just 'browsing'.
Add to this Derrick Bohn of KSF who recently died and was a very persuasive promoter of GEC knives.
I believe these 2 factors created the GEC frenzy and now it has become a competitive activity trying to score a new GEC release that will last only about 3-5 minutes. The adrenaline rush of trying to score has become the driving force more than a love for the knife.
It also must be acknowledged that all this is happening because GEC reliably makes really great knives.
kj

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”