Looking for a # 43 dark autumn gold jigged bone

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
LSS152

Looking for a # 43 dark autumn gold jigged bone

Post by LSS152 »

Anybody know of a dealer with one of these in stock? It’s got the beaver on the handle. Thanks for the help
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Looking for a # 43 dark autumn gold jigged bone

Post by doglegg »

Gunstock Jack's has them but not that color.
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

I thought the only 43 with the beaver shield was the jigged cherrywood (a combo they've used a few times - last year had a run of 54s with the same handles and shield).

Was the gold jigged bone a short run or SFO? Maybe even a leftovers knife?
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

The only 43's I know of in Jigged Bone were Rust Red & Antique Green. Maybe this is new?

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
LSS152

Post by LSS152 »

It was a picture on GEC Instagram page. Looks like it was a Oregon Knife Collectors Association 2018 club knife. They must not have made very many of them.
big monk

Post by big monk »

LSS152 wrote:It was a picture on GEC Instagram page. Looks like it was a Oregon Knife Collectors Association 2018 club knife. They must not have made very many of them.
ThE knife was a ""club knife"" just as you said -- sold out to members -- ORVET ( Dale ) may can help you find someone that has an extra for sale ?? He is in that club,I believe ::hmm::
Attachments
2018 Club Knife.jpg
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
LSS152

Post by LSS152 »

Yep that's it. Sure is a nice looking knife. I think I have all the first run #43's except the stag and the Brazilian cherry with the beaver on it. You guys let me know if you see either one for sale. I checked Gunstock Jacks but I didn't see it for sale. Thanks for the help!
Gunstock Jack

Post by Gunstock Jack »

Charlie (waynorth) had a few at the OKCA show, and I bought one of them for myself and one for another member, but he may have one left if you contact him.
Barry

Great Eastern Cutlery distributor: http://www.gunstockjacksknives.com
Contact me: info@gunstockjacksknives.com
upnorth

Post by upnorth »

They were made for the Oregon Knife Club, and they were the first ones off the production line - to make sure they made the deadline. I believe they made 100 (plus). 50 were serialized, the rest had no number.
I have personally checked 6 of them, and talked to 3 or 4 other people who bought one. I bought 5 myself, to make sure I could sell some to friends who missed out. They didn't last long!!
I swear they (GEC) did extra QC on them!! Every one was superior!!! Fit, W&T, centering, flush spring (except at half-stop), nice jigging. Oregon is a big show - I'd want to impress everyone there also!!
Utopia!! A chicken in every pot!! And a Barlow in every pocket!!!

Johnnie Fain would have approved!
1949 - 2009
LSS152

Post by LSS152 »

Guys I was able to locate a Brazilian Cherry #43 with the beaver shield today. I was on the KSF site this morning and they all of a sudden had more in stock. They also had more frontier bone if anyone is interested.

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”