How do I do it?

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
boykinlp

How do I do it?

Post by boykinlp »

So, I am a new knife collector and have been reading about the new releases from GEC. How do you go about getting one of these new release knives. Do you put money down in advance? There may already be a link here, but I don't know how to search for it. Thanks for any help.
Larry
Larry

Each one, teach one.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: How do I do it?

Post by Railsplitter »

Larry, keep checking the GEC dealers websites that are listed on the page in this link. In addition to checking them manually, a few of them offer the option of signing up for email notifications when they receive newly released GEC's.
http://greateasterncutlery.net/blog/our ... tributors/

collectorknives.net offers an "Early Reserve" option that you can use to get your name on a pattern months before they are produced.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

I know your question is about new releases, but don't discount older or previously released GEC's. Here's a link to all the current GEC distributors. Take a look at their individual stores and see what they have available. All of them have GEC's in stock. You could find something there that you like.

And don't forget to look at the stores right here. Some of them have current models available. http://greateasterncutlery.net/blog/our ... tributors/

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
boykinlp

Post by boykinlp »

Thank you very much for the information.
Larry

Each one, teach one.
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Railsplitter wrote:Larry, keep checking the GEC dealers websites that are listed on the page in this link. In addition to checking them manually, a few of them offer the option of signing up for email notifications when they receive newly released GEC's.

collectorknives.net offers an "Early Reserve" option that you can use to get your name on a pattern months before they are produced.
Sorry Rick for basically duplicating your post. Haven't had my coffee yet... ::doh::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

XX Case XX wrote:
Railsplitter wrote:Larry, keep checking the GEC dealers websites that are listed on the page in this link. In addition to checking them manually, a few of them offer the option of signing up for email notifications when they receive newly released GEC's.

Sorry Rick for basically duplicating your post. Haven't had my coffee yet... ::doh::

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
m0nk

Post by m0nk »

Just ordered my red linen micarta 71 that I had on reserve with CK. Can't beat a reserved knife for a few dollars less than other distributors, and free shipping to boot. Didn't realize these had shipped yet since there's still no update on the GEC FB page.
tray-o-red71s.jpg
Get in mah pocket! ::woot::

So the 71 run is finishing up, the 46 oddities are whale underway, and the 15s just showed up in the official production section. Just for fun, let's say that this run of 15s will be big, probably not as big as the recent 78s with all the variations and SFOs, but a good size run. The 44s were actually up on the current production list before the 15s, and we'll say the 44 run will be big too. By my very rough calculations the currently posted production schedule should be done by July. What are they ever going to do until September, when the schedule supposedly ends? As others have pointed out, the current schedule seems light through the summer. Maybe they'll do another run of fixed blades, hopefully H10s, and probably a run of NWs. Maybe they'll double up on the NWs?? Maybe we'll see another run of Fremont Jacks, since it's been two years! ::skeptic:: ::suspense::

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”